Sony Ericsson K850i – 5 Mpix camera performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
*www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-k850-cam-en.shtml

check the cam comparison between n95 and k850.i am not impressed with k850.it is still in the testing stage and will produce far better images after some firmware fix i think. discuss :p

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well to a certain extent i agree wid you that k850i has the potential to perform much better.. but in comparison to n95, i find k850i better than it. the thing that sux in almost all nokia cam module+software is the over-saturation and un-natural colouring algorithms. nokia should work on it. i'm not talking abt the clarity aspect. nokia has done a good job in that.

OP
Third Eye

Third Eye

gooby pls
i agree,n95 images have more overcolour production which makes the images unreal whereas images shot by k850 have more detail but less colours.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
so maybe k850i is a little better but n95 has more functions and k850i has hard to use navigation buttons

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Re: Sony Ericsson K850i – 5 Mpix camera performance

cooldudie3 said:
so maybe k850i is a little better but n95 has more functions and k850i has hard to use navigation buttons

i guess we are talking about the cam modules of both the phones.

thread title said:
Sony Ericsson K850i – 5 Mpix camera performance

OP
Third Eye

Third Eye

gooby pls
Here's another cam comparison between N95 and K850 by gsmarena.

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k850_vs_nokia_n95-review-162p3.php

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Sony Ericsson Lied About Its K850i Captures Quality

A thread reported over here, in our digit forums.

It is a real shame when even the biggest fishes in the pond get caught doing something dishonest. Sony Ericsson is one of the biggest handset producers out there, which makes it shocking to see that it has tried to deceive its potential customers.

The company has posted on its German website some

After saving the image and looking up in its EXIF data, it becomes clear that it has not been taken with a K850i device, but with a Sanyo S50 digital camera. The other three images have incomplete specifications, which leaves a question mark posing on their true origin. EXIF data is incredibly easy to modify, which shows the fact that Sony Ericsson has made a minor slip with this one. Still, consequences can be major, as the company has moved on shaky grounds.

Who likes producers who lie about their products only to sell them? The most shocking aspect of this matter is that it comes from the fourth handset producer, according to world sales. Sony Ericsson might have to face great trust issues if the situation gets out of proportions. Until then, they might have enough time to check and modify the EXIF files of all the other images on their website, until someone does it ahead of them.
images which are supposed to have been taken with their Sony Ericsson K850i mobile phone. The pictures are beautiful and reveal a camera quality well above what other handsets have gotten us used to seeing until now. It looks almost too good to be truly made with a cellular and not a digital camera. Unfortunately, it is.

Sony Ericsson K850i is one of the most evolved phone models in the company's Cybershot line and also one of the few cellulars out there that come equipped with a 5 megapixel camera. At this performance, the device is surely capable of taking high quality pictures, very close to the digital camera level. Too bad that Sony Ericsson liked Sanyo digital cameras better than its own device.

I will check the comparision later, but i wonder why a company would like to resort to such tricks to lure customers, a company like sony !!

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I'll not agree that SE pics r lower in quality than nokia.. that's impossible... my 2megapix W800i takes better shots than the 3.2megapix N-series.

Sony r leaders in cameras... nokia... no.... baat simple hain yaar... wait for the phone.. then talk...

OP
Third Eye

Third Eye

gooby pls
The final firmware of k850 will decide the winner.

Another news. :(

Sony Ericsson president steps down

*www.reuters.com/article/technology-media-telco-SP/idUSSAT00448120070904

Last edited:

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Re: Sony Ericsson K850i – 5 Mpix camera performance

koolbluez said:
I'll not agree that SE pics r lower in quality than nokia.. that's impossible... my 2megapix W800i takes better shots than the 3.2megapix N-series.

Sony r leaders in cameras... nokia... no.... baat simple hain yaar... wait for the phone.. then talk...

In General, Sony gives better quality than Nokia.

but there have been a few surprises. In a comparision done taking and using all the settings present in the phone (where nokia beats sony), N73 performs better than K790i in all the modes except a 2 3. - Source

Also, if they had the quality to speak for itself, why use pics from a digicam instead of their own mobile?

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
alsiladka said:
In General, Sony gives better quality than Nokia.

but there have been a few surprises. In a comparision done taking and using all the settings present in the phone (where nokia beats sony), N73 performs better than K790i in all the modes except a 2 3. - Source

Also, if they had the quality to speak for itself, why use pics from a digicam instead of their own mobile?
i dun care what the review sites say but all the k790/810's i've personally seen haf a much better cam and hence pics than any n73 wid or widout the firmware update.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
They did an expert comparitive review and you have the results to speak for themselves. What they did was combined all the different settings for the best quality.

What well all do is take pics in the general mode. I sometimes do switch between the predefined modes, but do not set each ISO and Exposure settings individually.

That is where the quality differs.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
by testing i don't mean that i selected a location, clicked and compared the pics. the aperture to allow the light, the white balance etc. was all set, clicked and then tested many times. and all the times i found false colours on the nokia cam. the pics seem to gaudy no matter what you do. its from a personal experience i'm speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom