Sony Ericcson Phone Confusion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Friends,

I have purchased a W660i mobile phone recently. On first 2 days, it showed network signals as raised bars. But after i enabled Vodafone GPRS settings on it, it is showing the signal bars enclosed in a blue square. On starting the phone when it starts catching signals, bars appears normally. Then in a moment the square appears, unfilled. In a moment or two it gets filled with blue color.

I have uploaded a pic of my phone screen on skydrive : Click Here

I m sorry but Its rather distorted. i have taken this using a 2 MP nokia phone camera, but still quality isn't great. But i think people with an experience with SE phones will recognize what i am trying to say.

Can anybody explain what these events mean??

Regards,
Sumit

Last edited:
Thanks buddy for the explanation :) actually this is my first SE phone, previously i was using Nokia Symbian phones, but was frustrated by the sluggishness in just about every phone as well as not-up-to-the-mark sound. Now i am very happy with my SE, and found that many of the apps which i used in the symbian phones like dictionary, e-book reader, HTML browsers are also available in java version for SE phones, so absolutely no problem. :)

mannuforall

mannuforall
Hi!
The blue bar in square above the signal is showing your gprs status. When it filled blue it means your gprs connection is ok. When it blank it means you're not using gprs. If there's no square box it means no gprs connection or subscription.
Also you can remove it. goto connectivity menu-data comm.-preferred service and select gsm only instead of gprs & gsm. Now blue bar shown only when you connect to gprs.
:)
mannuforall.blogspot.com

Hi!
The blue bar in square above the signal is showing your gprs status. When it filled blue it means your gprs connection is ok. When it blank it means you're not using gprs. If there's no square box it means no gprs connection or subscription.
Also you can remove it. goto connectivity menu-data comm.-preferred service and select gsm only instead of gprs & gsm. Now blue bar shown only when you connect to gprs.
:)
mannuforall.blogspot.com

Thanks for the tip buddy, really appreciate that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom