Sony DVD-RW tray not working properly..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashok Verma

Journeyman
hope you got the problem...! please help!!
i am facing this problem from a few days....! earlier it was working well!!!
and the problem priests only when the dvd drive is empty.. i.e., when we have a disk inside it, it opens effortlessly....?
now i have to use papercilp or pin in conjunction wen i press the eject button.
the problem is same even if i used to eject drive tray in windows by right clicking the context menus? :|
Dvd drive: SONY DVD RW DW-Q120A

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Maybe a hardware problem... give it for service? They do it for free if under warranty (their warranty states that physical damage like tray is not covered under it, but still they do it for free)

OP
Ashok Verma

Ashok Verma

Journeyman
Maybe a hardware problem... give it for service? They do it for free if under warranty (their warranty states that physical damage like tray is not covered under it, but still they do it for free)
hey buddy warranty is over....!!!!
still they do it for free....:smile:!!!

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Oh, I didnt know that... I think its just your vendor who helps you, hehe :) Mine wont, so hopefully I wont break my tray in the near future!

channabasanna

In the zone
May be because of more usage of the Drive, the gears in the tray would have been broken, the same had happened for my SAMSUNG dvd writer, once i got it repaired under service, later again same issue. So i brought a SONY...

OP
Ashok Verma

Ashok Verma

Journeyman
May be because of more usage of the Drive, the gears in the tray would have been broken,

if the gears are broken then why tray opens smoothly (without any problem) with a disk in it....??? (mention earlier also)

please give suggestion:---
as now warranty is over. should i open it for some lubrication.....??
i think this could be the cause of problem...!!!

nvidia

-----ATi-----
I think its best if you pay and get it repaired. Lubricating it yourself is not recommended.

channabasanna

In the zone
if the gears are broken then why tray opens smoothly (without any problem) with a disk in it....??? (mention earlier also)

please give suggestion:---
as now warranty is over. should i open it for some lubrication.....??
i think this could be the cause of problem...!!!

Same was the case with me, when the disc was in the tray it would open without any hassles, or any problems. Only problem i had was when there is no disc inside the tray, i had to push a pin into it to open.

I never did any lubrication.

I had opened the drive only after getting a new drive. So just try to know how much does it cost to repair it, if it goes above 200 - 300, i would say you better buy a new writer if possible..

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
hope you got the problem...! please help!!
i am facing this problem from a few days....! earlier it was working well!!!
and the problem priests only when the dvd drive is empty.. i.e., when we have a disk inside it, it opens effortlessly....?
now i have to use papercilp or pin in conjunction wen i press the eject button.
the problem is same even if i used to eject drive tray in windows by right clicking the context menus? :|
Dvd drive: SONY DVD RW DW-Q120A
The Gear Of The Drive Might Be Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom