Sony DRU 830A

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak24

Broken In
I want to buy a DVD writer and the dealor says that Sony Dru830A is the latest and best. Has anyone purchase this dvd writer and could they give me a feedback as to how is the performance, pros , cons etc. Also the price given to me by the dealor is Rs. 2650 /- is it ok or am i paying more.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
ak24 said:
I want to buy a DVD writer and the dealor says that Sony Dru830A is the latest and best. Has anyone purchase this dvd writer and could they give me a feedback as to how is the performance, pros , cons etc. Also the price given to me by the dealor is Rs. 2650 /- is it ok or am i paying more.

First wrong section

Second OVER priced

Third..its one of better drive not best ;)

djbusters

Right off the assembly line
well as wizrulz said wrong section.
but u can get sony DVD RW DW-G120A for around 2100-2200.
i got mine a 2 months back, n its working fine.

but if u can get access to Sony DRU 830A then better. cost 2300-2400
here r the test that i have found hope they r any good to u

here is test report of it:
Single-Layer Write-Once DVD Performance, for 4.35GB (seconds) 334.9 Single-Layer Write-Once DVD Format Tested +R Dual-Sided Write-Once DVD Performance, for 7.9GB (seconds) 1131.7 Two-Layer Write-Once DVD Format Tested DL +R Format Rewritable DVD (seconds) 29.48 Rewritable DVD Performance, for 3.4GB (seconds) 717.51 Rewritable DVD Format Tested +RW CD-R Mastering Write Average, for 694MB (seconds) 191.6
Basics Drive Type DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/-RAM PC/Drive Interface IDE Buffer (MB) 2 Buffer Underrun Technology PowerBurn Conformed S/PDIF Output Yes LightScribe Labeling No Supports Disc Error Checking With Third-Party Software Yes
Vendor Speed Ratings DL DVD+R Write Speed 8X DL DVD-R Write Speed 8X Single-Layer DVD+R Write Speed 18X Single-Layer DVD-R Write Speed 18X DVD+RW Write Speed 8X DVD-RW Write Speed 6X DVD-RAM Write Speed 12X DVD-ROM Pressed Disc Read Speed 16X DVD-ROM Burned Disc Read Speed 12x CD-RW Write Speed 32X CD-R Write Speed 48X CD-ROM Read Speed 48X Other Included Hardware Black bezel Included Software Nero Express 7 Essentials

goobimama

 Macboy
Nowadays a DVD-writer is a DVD-writer. There's not much more to it. Its like buying a CD-ROM drive. Buy the cheapest available with good warranty and hope that it doesn't fail. And if it does, get another one (no point repairing...).

sagar_mutha

Broken In
Dude,the Sony DRU-830A is a rebadged Samsung SH-S182D and the burns are not very good.So be aware of what you're buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom