Sony Camcorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Thomas

Broken In
my uncle has recently bought a camcorder SONY HC42E
it has a tape to record. through usb images and videos are blurred with fullscreen. And clear with with the normal picture size taken.
onboard 128MB mem card.

Any special H/W required to correct it. OR anything else.

d

Journeyman
miniDV camcorders are among the best in picture quality....and i think its ur capturing that is the problem......what software are u using to capture? while capturing, use the highest bitrate and resolution possible....that should solve it....from my xperience, even minidv movies captured with windows movie maker hv decent resolutions....otherwise try firewire.....firewire might be able to provide sufficient bitrate for the high quality video...

geekysage

Journeyman
d said:
miniDV camcorders are among the best in picture quality....
Absolutely wrong. I hope you meant video quality because pictures taken with a camcorder are sometimes worse than the ones taken with a mobile phone. In short, camcorders suck when it comes to still pictures.

Tom Thomas, i'd advise you to use a firewire (IEEE1394) port to capture videos. I have been using a Sony HC30 for about a year and half and I did the mistake of transferring some videos using USB. They are all pixelated and one could even notice some dropped frames. With firewire it's been a smooth ride.

Anyway, use windows movie maker to capture the videos, it does the job. Additionally, you may try VirtualDub, it gives you the power to rip the videos to any codec of your choice, be it DivX, XVid, x.224...whatever.

And don't forget to use the camcorder as a webcam (using the USB connection), it's awesome to have a hi-quality video chat, ain't it? Just set the video source as your camcorder in whatever program you normally use to chat.

geekysage

Journeyman
No biggie, buddy.

Most people who don't have or use a camcorder for picture taking don't know the fact that camcorders suck real bad when it comes to still pictures. Even the new camcorders that claim 1 megapixel resolution aren't good either. It's always better to invest $100 on a separate digicam than to spend $200 extra on a camcorder that says 1 megapixel resolution. But yeah, 1MP camcorders generally take better videos.

nil_3

In the zone
I am using a Sony miniDV handycam(DCR TRV 32E) for the last 2-3 years. My experience is that for getting excellent video clarity:---
1. Record video in maximum quality that your camera permits.
2. Capture in DV format using Pinnacle or Ulead video studio.
3. After necessary editing in DV format make it to DVD(MPEG-2)using maximum bitrate possible(not in VCD).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom