Something better than DUmeter .. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

anispace

dattebayo
As the topic says i need a software that is better than DUmeter. I have a Triband 590NU connection which means the downloads b\w 12-8am r free.
Hence i want a software which counts the data transfer b\w this time seperately. I normally shutdown Dumeter at 12am but sometimes i forget due to which even this gets counted.

so plz recommend any alternative s\w OR anyway by which DUmeter can be automatically shut at 12am and restarted at 8am.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Add it to the task scheduler, mention to terminate the DUMeter at 12: 00 AM.
I think it should work.

OP
anispace

anispace

dattebayo
even bandwidth monitor pro does not have scheduling. Regarding task scheduler, how to use it.. i can start dumeter everyday at 8am but how to terminate at 12am.

ashfame

Padawan
Indyan said:
Try magitime, its free and its really feature packed.
*magistonesystems.com/magitime.htm
Its very light on system too.
I stopped using bandwidth monitor a year or so back, so I cant remeber if it has the features you want or not. But give it a try, it may have them
tried it, it doesn't hav it.
next month even i will be shifting to mtnl triband 590nu plan so i am in also search for a soft that can do the job of counting usage limit during 8 to 00 hrs

ashfame

Padawan
Jitin said:
Netlimiter the best
its pro ver has one feature named "Rule editor and scheduler" which says :
Rule editor and scheduler
Rule editor helps you to create advanced rules. For example, you can create limit or firewall rule for a group of applications which is valid only in a given time interval (=you can schedule limits, grants and fw rules).
but hav u tried it?
does it hav exactly the thing that we want?

ashfame

Padawan
but it would be better if the programs checks for the time & then only records usage.
OR a program that counts the usage hourly.
Wait Bandwidth monitor can do that & then we can add up the usage for hrs we are charged but it will be a manual task.
still looking for something useful.
if someone can help pl reply.

OP
anispace

anispace

dattebayo
I dont think any software has that feature (i guess capped broadband is popular only in India). Have tried DUmeter, Netlimiter, Netmeter, bandwidth monitor pro but none have it.

So how to use Task scheduler... never used it. It has options to only start the program but how do i shut it down at 12am and this should happen everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom