Some silly doubts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
I just wanted to knw what the following things mean and what is there use and all...
1) MD5 checksum
2) CRC (usually some sort of error I think)
3) E3 (They say Crysis is releasing at E3)
4) IRQ
5) SQL

Also please explain me what exactly is meaning of "route" and "port" in a Network

puja399

In the zone
:cool:1) MD5 Checksum : MD5 is a widely-used cryptographic hash function with a 128-bit hash value. MD5 has been employed in a wide variety of security applications, and is also commonly used to check the integrity of files.However, recently some flaws hve been found regarding MD5, for which experts now recommend other hash algorithms for security purposes.

:cool:2) CRC : Cyclic redundancy Checks
- it is a type of hash function used to produce a checksum - which is a small, fixed number of bits - against a block of data, such as a packet of network traffic or a block of a computer file. The checksum is used to detect errors after transmission or storage. This checksum is appended to the file in context which can be verified later on for checking the binary integrity of the file.

:cool:3) E3 - Afaik, it means Electronic Entertainment Expo, which is the world's largest annual trade show for the computer and video games industry. I don't know about the relation of any Crysis with it.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
SQL :- It stands for Structured Query Language.It's a database like MS-Access but it gives you more flexibility.Here you write queries to access and store the data in database.

puja399

In the zone
....Part 2 continues.... :)
:cool: IRQ : Interrupt Request.

:cool: SQL : Structured Query Language, it is the language used to create, modify, retrieve and manipulate data from relational database management systems, like Oracle, SQL server, MySQL databases etc.

Last edited:

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
puja399 said:
Afaik, it means Electronic Entertainment Expo, which is the world's largest annual trade show for the computer and video games industry. I don't know about the relation of any Crysis with it.

Actually Crysis is a game made By crytek, the developers of FarCry which was shown at E3.

phatratt

In the zone
CRC: cyclic retundancy code,i get this error on a faulty cd
IRQ : Interrupt request,most hardware devices is assigned a IRQ.

IRQ 0 System timer This interrupt is reserved for the internal system timer. It is never available to peripherals or other devices.

IRQ 1 Keyboard This interrupt is reserved for the keyboard controller. Even on devices without a keyboard, this interrupt is exclusively for keyboard input.

IRQ 2 Cascade interrupt for IRQs 8-15 This interrupt cascades the second interrupt controller to the first.

IRQ 3 Second serial port (COM2) The interrupt for the second serial port and often the default interrupt for the fourth serial port (COM4).

IRQ 4 First serial port (COM1) This interrupt is normally used for the first serial port. On devices that do not use a PS/2 mouse, this interrupt is almost always used by the serial mouse. This is also the default interrupt for the third serial port (COM3).

IRQ 5 Sound card This interrupt is the first choice that most sound cards make when looking for an IRQ setting.

IRQ 6 Floppy disk controller This interrupt is reserved for the floppy disk controller.

IRQ 7 First parallel port This interrupt is normally reserved for the use of the printer. If a printer is not being used, this interrupt can be used for other devices that use parallel ports.

IRQ 8 Real-time clock This interrupt is reserved for the system's real-time clock timer and can not be used for any other purpose.

IRQ 9 Open interrupt This interrupt is typically left open on devices for the use of peripherals.

IRQ 10 Open interrupt This interrupt is typically left open on devices for the use of peripherals.

IRQ 11 Open interrupt This interrupt is typically left open on devices for the use of peripherals.

IRQ 12 PS/2 mouse This interrupt is reserved for the PS/2 mouse on machines that use one. If a PS/2 mouse is not used, the interrupt can be used for other peripherals, such as network card.

IRQ 13 Floating point unit/coprocessor This interrupt is reserved for the integrated floating point unit. It is never available to peripherals or other devices as it is used exclusively for internal signaling.

IRQ 14 Primary IDE channel This interrupt is reserved for use by the primary IDE controller. On systems that do not use IDE devices, the IRQ can be used for another purpose.

IRQ 15 Secondary IDE channel This interrupt is reserved for use by the secondary IDE controller

source *webopedia.internet.com/quick_ref/IRQnumbers.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom