Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SWEET SNEHA

Journeyman
Hi
I hv some queries about the SE k700i

1)How is the quality of MP3 playback,is it better than k300i?
2)Mono or Stereo(both in internal speaker & headfone)
3)Can FM be played without the headphones?
4)How is the pic quality?
5)Does the pic looks grainy/dusty in low light?
6)How is the night mode?I mean i didn't find it that useful in k300i.
6)How much does it cost right now?
7)Any other/better option at the same price(+2k).
8)How many games/app it has(by default)
9)Battery life:i heeard that its bad

Any more cons in this model.
thanks

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
pic quality is gr8, but no expandable memory so u r stuck with 41MB.

For complete review see this link:
*www.gsmarena.com/review.php3?idReview=8&idPage=2

G

gxsaurav

1) The mp3 playback is mono, but still better then K300i
2) U cannot play FM without the handsfree headphone
3) Pic quality depends on lightning condition, but the night mode is preety bad, an image taken from any .3 MP phone cam will look graney when taken in low light
4) Cost 9.4k, with bill, lucknow
5) Battry in my case lasts for 3 days full a few more hours, although it depends on usage
6) All the apps U will need in an mpbile are there, by default it has 3 JAVA games

I would suggest the S700i insted, it's available for 13.5k

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i would like to correct some of the points posted.

1) yes, thru the bundled headset you get stereo outupt and believe me the MP3 audio output is THE BEST compared to any phone availble in this segment.
2) obviously the onboard speaker is mono.
3) nope, the bundled headset acts as antenna and yes, you get stereo fm.
4) pic quality is kinda ok to good (haf sunlight, will click! :D ) but yes, the quality is better than 6600 anyday! wid a bit of tweaking and lighting you can get pretty decent quality!
5) yep, the pic looks somewhat grainy in very low light.
6) pics shot in night mode are just ok.
7) its priced at 9.5k here in bangalore.
8) well, for its price its a steal!
9) mine came bundled wid 4 games and no apps. however since it supports J2ME (but no mophun games) you can install as many apps as u want limited only by the free memory. there are a sea of apps available!
10) battery life is kinda ok to good for normal usage. of corz as he said depends heavily on usage. but too much use of external spker, flash light, speaking in extremely low signal areas degrade the battery backup.

things i wanna tell ya:

1) the reception of this phone is extremely good! (at least in my place. i haf used N2100, se J200i, set610, N3560, N6610 and N6600 here but the reception was really bad!)

2) it comes wid in-built 41mb memory which is dynamically shared and you don't haf an option of adding a memory card.

i'd say that go in for this phone. but if u can spend some more cash then the N6630 is really good phone (priced about 13.5k) so is s700i but other than these no phone presently is worth this much money.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok this is for all ye folks. its about the pic quality of the k700i (of corz its not a megapixel class camera!)

two pics clicked in natural sunlight and good lighting quality:

1) click in my portico:
*img482.imageshack.us/img482/9135/picture191kx.th.jpg

2) clicked when we went for a power plant visit from college:
*img482.imageshack.us/img482/8652/copy1ofpicture50tz.th.jpg

picture click in artificial light (tubelight), my new shoes!
*img482.imageshack.us/img482/4332/copy1ofpicture25cn.th.jpg

picture clicked in completely dark room using the onboard flash (led) light, this is pretty decent (no night mode):
*img482.imageshack.us/img482/692/copy2ofpicture35ia.th.jpg

the same pic clicked in night mode wid flash light on:
*img478.imageshack.us/img478/1815/copy3ofpicture18yk.th.jpg

picture clicked in darkness (only light emergin outta my lappy):
*img478.imageshack.us/img478/9753/copy2ofpicture12ca.th.jpg

picture click in lowest resolution at my home:
*img451.imageshack.us/img451/4172/girinagar14bl.th.jpg

some pics are 640x480 while some are 1280x960. i aint a pro photographer. i've shook my hands while clicking many photos.

well i haf many more excellant pics clicked but am not posting them. most of them are of my family and frenz.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
SE-700i is a very good phone ..

+mp3
+fm tuner (if you like to listen)

Its cons:
No expandable memory
No Symbian

what I want to tell you is .. if you can invest some more money in it you can have a symbian phone and I can bet you will not regret your decision

infra_red_dude has explained you very well..

If you like the 700i .. you can buy it .. its a good phone

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Moto E 398 costs as much as this costs.

** It has Expandable memory
** It has the best speakers, not k700i as infra_red_dude claims.
** keypads of this phone (or any SE phone for that matter) sucks. 398 has a better keypad than this for sure thou it may not be better than any Nokia phones (leave 3230)

Some cons left out by other ppl:
** Night mode sucks
** Battery life also sucks when compared to other phones and e 398 has a better battery.
gxsaurav said:
Battry in my case lasts for 3 days full a few more hours, although it depends on usage
No way, I am some 99% sure that we can't 3 days out of this battery.
Suave_guy also has this phone and he has been telling that he hardly gets 1 day and he has to charge daily.
Even SE wont tell 3 days, Mr. gxsaurav, can you prove your statement?

drgrudge is back in action at Mobile Monsters section :D

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
Auto keylock and screen saver does not activate after message sending
Bluetooth file transfer issues
File Manager: inability to move files to destination with same file name
Memory: Not expandable
“My Friends� (IMPS) feature missing – although listed in manual
Pictures taken with camera contains excessive noise
Poor talk/standby times from battery
Slow access speeds when accessing files with “File Manager� function

lighthouse911

Broken In
okay dudes.. well I have the latest software version
k700i in my hand and I have to admit it is way better then the one I had a year ago:

1)batt life is atleast 2 days
2)UI IS way better then Motorola.Themes support is much more extensive,
3)screen and camera both better then moto
4)IMHO looks better then moto and is also smaller
5)latest fW is R2AY004
6)has FM and Video Recorder which moto does not have
7)It is way easier to find games fr this phone.E398 is not at all compatible with most games out there
k700i is compatible with most S60 java games
8)supports 3d gaming

cons
1)camera not great in dark
2)phone surface is a bit slippery.The moto has avery good grip
3)bad video recorder

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
lighthouse911 said:
okay dudes.. well I have the latest software version
k700i in my hand and I have to admit it is way better then the one I had a year ago:

3)screen and camera both better then moto
4)IMHO looks better then moto and is also smaller
5)latest fW is R2AY004
7)It is way easier to find games fr this phone.E398 is not at all compatible with most games out there
k700i is compatible with most S60 java games
8)supports 3d gaming

cons
1)camera not great in dark
2)phone surface is a bit slippery.The moto has avery good grip
3)bad video recorder

And the fourth con you forget to write is E398 has an mini sd card slot and it comes with bundled 64 mb card.

drgrudge

lighthouse911 said:
I can't imagine how you get 2 days in it? And in case you use MP3 also, then it's not gonna last for a day also. Atleast the battery is not as good as the moto.

UI is similar to that oF Nokia/Samsung, not the usual sucky moto UI and Nokia's UI needs no further explanation, atleast it better than SE.

Even moto suports FM radio, but you need a headset, that headset also has a BT, so it's a 2 in 1 function headset. Even K00i needs a headset for FM if I am correct.

And yeah dude, you forgot the main con of the k700i , not extendable memory slot :lol:

lighthouse911

Broken In
yep

drgrudge said:
lighthouse911 said:
I can't imagine how you get 2 days in it? And in case you use MP3 also, then it's not gonna last for a day also. Atleast the battery is not as good as the moto.

UI is similar to that oF Nokia/Samsung, not the usual sucky moto UI and Nokia's UI needs no further explanation, atleast it better than SE.

Even moto suports FM radio, but you need a headset, that headset also has a BT, so it's a 2 in 1 function headset. Even K00i needs a headset for FM if I am correct.

And yeah dude, you forgot the main con of the k700i , not extendable memory slot :lol:

1)well I did not mention the mem card slot because It was already mentioned a number of times in the earlier posts.I was only posting what was ignored.

2)the moto has a card slot but it is very difficult to find transflash cards here in India.If available they are rather expensive..

3)yeah dr, the batt life in my k700i is actually more then 2 days,,, but if I use bluetooth fr exchange of data then it comes down to two days

4)FM radio thingy: well on K700i u can plug in the provided headset and enjoy the stereo fm radio.. whereas in Moto as u mentioned u have to put in extraa bucks fr the bluetooth headset and yet what u get is mono FM...

5)I have heard mp3 playin on both phones and whatever moto fan boys say ,I guess it was better sounding in the sony (when using included earphones)IMHO
however when using speakers Moto was a clear winner.

6)Bluetooth support is wondeful In SE, even better then Nokia,moto

7)supports HID profiles. :eek:

G

gxsaurav

now how do u think i m going to prove my 3 days battry life to U

& why didn't u mentioned the cons of Motorola E398 that it has no video recording in it, although iwth a hacked firmware we can, but thats not for new buyers

if U can live up with 41 MB memory then K700i is for U, if not then get something else

lighthouse911

Broken In
drgrudge

ok and tell me one more thing ,
Instead of helping the member who posed the question abt k700i , u r only confusing him.

u have always looked at the PRO's of E398 and the CON's of K700i.

I think u should not give your rather biased views to someone else.

I am not saying it is bad to support a particular brand,but yeah in an non biased manner.

drgrudge

I have reviewed E 398 (posted here and look for the linko in the sticky thread). I thought moto is better than k700i anyday, leave alone 6600.

I looked into the pro's of moto and cons of k700i as the pro's of k700i was already discussed and no one dint bring up the moto into this discussion. It was for the good of the poster that I added a twist to the plot :d

Does anyone wants to add a poll in here? Plz mention here, I will add the poll.

lighthouse911

Broken In
1)Have you used the K700i?

2)I do not think whether a poll is going to help the poster of this thread.It ultimately depends on her choice and not that of others

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok folks, i never claimed that the k700i speaker was the best! e398 beats it! wot i said was that the audio output thru the bundled head is excellant!

secondly, i do get a minimum of 1.5 dayz battery backup wid some fm and mp3 functions on (of corz not using the onboard speaker). no bluetooth issues for me.

i agree keypad seems a bit cramped and for an sms junkie like me who utilities the full 200sms free per day to other hutch customers, its a pain in the a$$ to type. other than these the expandable mem is no problem. i can squeeze in about 20mp3s in 32kbps,stereo,11khz. it still sounds great!
you kno about the camera quality of this phone (look at the pics i've posted)

yeah, the standard e398 doesn't haf video recording and the sandisk card thats bundled is just 64mb and these cards are costlier than MMCs. availability is an issue too. yep, nothing can beat the onboard stereo speakers on this phone! and i kno of a guy who's managed to load this phone wid a customised linux version!!!

when u put in a mem card greater than 128mb in most phones, the phone is bound to become slow. prob this is the reason why sony ericsson limits the memory expandibility.

anyways, i advice u against e398. if u can spend more get the N6630. otherwise for this budget get k700i.

ANi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom