Status
Not open for further replies.

Saharika

In the zone
well RAM random access memory DTRAM SRAM
all thoery but to be frank no pratical
so i have some question toask to people
well
1What do one mean when one says 56 MB RAM?
well is it that the primary memory onwhcih processor works on will be 56 mb AND greater the better. photoshoping gaming...

2 Somebody said that thier is something like 614 or 634 kb as base memory of computer what do one mean by that?
3What are diff size of RAM are available and what's coming?
(28mb,56... and)

4Can a computer run with oout hard disk secondary drive then
with no saving
5When we have to add RAM?

well sems simple but i think even who read just go to theory as i do
or general user just know the type
an yway i think some hardware people is around
so help with info
thanks
saha

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hehe.. Today seems to be Saharika's day .. 4 out of 5 questions I answered were hers .. :p .. Okay .. here this one goes ..

Saharika said:
1What do one mean when one says 56 MB RAM?
well is it that the primary memory onwhcih processor works on will be 56 mb AND greater the better. photoshoping gaming...

Yes .. 56 MB Ram means 56 MB of primary memory .. The more the better ..

2 Somebody said that thier is something like 614 or 634 kb as base memory of computer what do one mean by that?

I think you meant 640K .. That was a DOS legacy .. You should read this article for DOS memory management techniques ..

3What are diff size of RAM are available and what's coming?
(28mb,56... and)
Standard RAM sizes are in multiples of 64 .. like 64 .. 128 ..256.. 512 MBs ..Memory sticks having capacity less than 64 MB isnt availible now ..

4Can a computer run with oout hard disk secondary drive then
with no saving
Yes .. There are many RAM-disk operating systems out there .. Knoppix is one of them .. You'll need lotsa RAM for running those OSes though ...

5When we have to add RAM?
Im tempted to say when you have money ...Whenever you think your current memory specs arent sufficient for you .. consider upgrading the RAM .. thats it .. As I say again .. The more ... the merrier

well sems simple but i think even who read just go to theory as i do
or general user just know the type
an yway i think some hardware people is around
so help with info
thanks
saha

Hehe.. I usually dont post hardware replies but I found this one interesting .. :) .. Hope it is of some help to you ....

suhas_sm

Journeyman
it_waaznt_me said:
Yes .. There are many RAM-disk operating systems out there .. Knoppix is one of them .. You'll need lotsa RAM for running those OSes though ...
:) KNOPPIX ! its just amazing! i just love it. 128 mb is enough for Knopix !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom