1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

some RAM question

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by Saharika, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saharika

Saharika New Member

well RAM random access memory DTRAM SRAM
    all thoery but to be frank no pratical
    so i have some question toask to people
    well
    1What do one mean when one says 56 MB RAM?
    well is it that the primary memory onwhcih processor works on will be 56 mb AND greater the better. photoshoping gaming...

2 Somebody said that thier is something like 614 or 634 kb as base memory of computer what do one mean by that?
    3What are diff size of RAM are available and what's coming?
    (28mb,56... and)

4Can a computer run with oout hard disk secondary drive then
    with no saving
    5When we have to add RAM?

well sems simple but i think even who read just go to theory as i do
    or general user just know the type
    an yway i think some hardware people is around
    so help with info
    thanks
    saha

2. it_waaznt_me

it_waaznt_me Coming back to life ..

Hehe.. Today seems to be Saharika's day .. 4 out of 5 questions I answered were hers .. :p .. Okay .. here this one goes ..

Yes .. 56 MB Ram means 56 MB of primary memory .. The more the better ..

I think you meant 640K .. That was a DOS legacy .. You should read this article for DOS memory management techniques ..

Standard RAM sizes are in multiples of 64 .. like 64 .. 128 ..256.. 512 MBs ..Memory sticks having capacity less than 64 MB isnt availible now ..

Yes .. There are many RAM-disk operating systems out there .. Knoppix is one of them .. You'll need lotsa RAM for running those OSes though ...

Im tempted to say when you have money ...Whenever you think your current memory specs arent sufficient for you .. consider upgrading the RAM .. thats it .. As I say again .. The more ... the merrier

Hehe.. I usually dont post hardware replies but I found this one interesting .. :) .. Hope it is of some help to you ....

3. suhas_sm

suhas_sm New Member

:) KNOPPIX ! its just amazing! i just love it. 128 mb is enough for Knopix !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.