!!! SOME QUERIES REGARDING TO FLASH GET !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Guys!

I hv some queries (not problems) regarding to FLASH GET 1.71

Actually I can't understand meanings of some options which it hv.

1.) Tools -> Speed Limit Mode : There r 3 options : Unlimites, Manual, Automatic, also an option Remember. Nothing happens if I select ne of these 3 options. What they do actually and which one is BEST?

2.) If we d/l a file using Flash get, it shows the d/l speed in 2 places: 1 in the main window where it shows all the details, like Size, completed, left, retry, etc. and 1 in its Status Bar. I noticed that both r different. WHY???

3.) There is an option "Use "jc!" as file extension till d/l is finished" in General tab of Options. What it actually mean? If I uncheck it what will happen?

4.) And last thing is : Will it make ne difference in total d/l completion time, if I d/l 5 or 6 files at the same time or one bye one?

I'll apprecaite ne kind of help, u guys will do... :D

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
1. I think Unlimited is the best, it depends on whether u r using ur Browser as well simultaneously or not...

2. the status bar one updates much faster than the detail area which updates only @ 5 s or so...

3. If u uncheck that option, it will leave the file's extension same as what type u r d/ling... It is there as .jc to avoid confusion as to which is d/led and complete and which is still being d/led(when u visit the default download folder u will see many files if not categorized, jc avoids confusion here)Nothing will happen if u uncheck it

4. Yes it will as the BW of each file will reduce proportionally...

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
OK!

thnx for ur replies :D

And I got the meaning of the Speed Limit Mode from the Help file!

Speed Limit Mode

Since FlashGet is always hungry for bandwidth, it makes other network programs such as browsers hard to work when FlashGet is running. This feature will allow you to download files with FlashGet and still use your web browser without as much loss of performance.

Unlimited: No traffic regulation. FlashGet can use as much bandwidth as it needs.

Manual: Bandwidth for FlashGet is controlled by the user by using a slidebar on the status bar (lower-right corner of the window).

Automatic: FlashGet monitors activity of outbound connections, and spare a certain amount of bandwidth to each new connction.

Gaurav

In the zone
as for your query no. 4
Yes it will make difference as the download speed is distributed between 5 files. thereby decreasing your net speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom