Some PRICE CUTS again, and NEW PROCCESSOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Intel will cut the prices of some products on the October 19th. Core 2 Quad Q8200 with its 2.33GHz clock will be first on the list and it will drop from $224 to $193.

Superstar Quad core Q6600 a good old 65nm 2.4GHz CPU with 8MB cache, the most popular quad core of all time will drop from its current $193 to $183.

Intel will introduce a new CPU called E7400 with FSB 1066, 2.8GHz clock and 3MB cache and this dual core will sell from October 19th for $133. At the same time E7300 with FSB 1066, 2.66GHz clock and 3MB cache will drop from current $133 to $113.

Pentium dual core E2220 with its 2.4GHz dual core clock, 1MB cache and FSB800 will drop from $84 to $74. The last one to get cheaper on this given Sunday is Pentium dual core E2200 at 2.2GHz dual core clock, 1MB cache and FSB800 will drop from $74 to $64.

Therefore, if you wanted any of these CPUs you better wait for the 19th and since 19th is Sunday its highly likely that you will be able to buy them as of Monday but from etailer maybe even from Sunday at these prices.

The next significant price cut is expected on the 30th of November.

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9715&Itemid=1

======================================================================

New Processor:

Intel plans to launch a new cheap quad core on the November 30th. It will launch Core 2 Quad Q8300 and this new CPU will work at 2.5GHz at FSB 1333 and it comes with 4MB cache. It has the same clock speed as Q9300 but this more expensive CPU has 6MB of cache.
Q8300 will cost $224 and as we previously said its older brother 2.33GHz clocked Q8200 will drop from original $224 to $193 on the October 19th. This will certainly make more breathing space for Q8300 introduction.

Core 2 Quad Q8300 will definitely launch after Core i7 series and these cheap quad core will cost only $62 more than the cheapest Core i7 920 at 2.66GHz and performance wise Core i7 makes more sense. The choice is always yours.

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9716&Itemid=1
E7300, which will fall down to the price of the E7200. So instead of E7200, we'll be sugegsting E7300 now.

And guess what, Q8200 has come to the Q6600 price, and Q6600 has dropped further, and at the same time, a new Q8300 with 6MB cache(more than Q9300 also) will be launched at the price of the Q8200(before drop).

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9716&Itemid=1

=======================================================================

Some nice changes we are getting to see aren't we.

Last edited:
I think Intel is having a HUGE advantage over AMD mainly because of its Fabs. These guys change their manufacturing process for different parts and launch CPUs and chipsets in such a way that regardless of performance, they still get maximum profit.

Intel's northbridge is one fab older than CPU.
Intel's southbridge is one fab older than northbridge.
This helps close their fabs more gradually, and make more profit, since fabrication units are multi billion dollar affairs.

Intel uses the same chip for making ALL their CPUs, whether Itanium, Xeon, Core2, Core i7 or even atom. Depending on wafer quality, the sillicon is sent for different purposes. This minimises loss, especially in the high end segment and a lot in the mid range segment.

Intel also keeps switching CPU models, making subtle variations like this in stuff like cache, and even though it appears that intel is loosing performance, the things they do greatly increase profit.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

"Nehalem = GTX 200
Denab = RV770
Storm is heading towards intel camp."

According to my friend, n u gotta agree

============================================================================

MD has more of a chance. Cause what u see is Nehalem is in its final stage, and is gonna be released like what it is, wid minor improvements. Have u noticed that just one stepping caused revvo. Changes in the 2 DENEBS?

Well lemme say, one more such stepping b'fore release as it is still an early engineering sample(I mean mid-aged, early in release canditate), then nehalem's cake that's it!

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Now they are really good addups to the LGA 775.

Do you guys have any idea, by when will LGA 1366 be the de-facto? when will people start calling LGA 775 obsolete and recommend LGA 1366 ??

I wanted to build a high end rig. But an in no hurry. So. :)

forever

filth is me
Now they are really good addups to the LGA 775.

Do you guys have any idea, by when will LGA 1366 be the de-facto? when will people start calling LGA 775 obsolete and recommend LGA 1366 ??

I wanted to build a high end rig. But an in no hurry. So. :)

Atleast 2 years i would say.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
66 Bah. Cant wait two years for a rig. :)

But Im a terrific waiter. In the waiting sense, not the restaurant one. Waited 1 year for laast PC upgrade and 6 months for a Windows Mobile Pocket PC. :D

forever

filth is me
66 Bah. Cant wait two years for a rig. :)

But Im a terrific waiter. In the waiting sense, not the restaurant one. Waited 1 year for laast PC upgrade and 6 months for a Windows Mobile Pocket PC. :D

You'll be able to build a nehalem system in the coming few months actually. Prices may be a bit steep though.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

lololzzz...

i'll wait for nehalem or deneb to go mainstream nxt year, then i'll think for complete upgrade

lololzzz...

i'll wait for nehalem or deneb to go mainstream nxt year, then i'll think for complete upgrade
Same here. Today I asked my dad to buy a stick of a gig of ddr1 400mhz ram from SP Road.
This is most possibly my final upgrade before going for a full fledged platform upgrade.

The only *possible* upgrade otherwise is a WD 640GB SATA HDD, which I can always use in my next PC. But that too may need to wait a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom