1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

SOME NEW VIRUS................PROB INSTALLING APPLICATIONS

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by hansraj, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hansraj

hansraj Member

any one there who can figure out the problem iam facing............... my problem is probably some virus because of which i am unable to install few of the applications. it gives a message "16 bit windows subsystem" and below the details come as"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.The system file is not suitable for running msdos and microsoft windows applications, choose close to terminate the application. " and it has two options of close and ignore. Both of them close the window thereafter.

My operating system is windows xp prof, 256 mb ram , p 4 1.7 Ghz and iam using norton antivirus 2005 with its latest updates.

However not all the applications show this error, but few of them have started showing this prob lately including the downloaded intelligent updater of NAV Update which is of the bigger size( 8 Mb), the smaller update of about 5 mb doesnt have any prob. also few dat files of size 0 kb appear in the C drive with names as 1,3,4,5,6 and 7.dat with one cc.txt file without any text.
    i have already tried all adware removal applications but no joy......
    SAVE MY PC.........................................

2. ramank

ramank New Member

See this and this.
    BTW, do use the Search option in the forum before posting:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.