Some issues and confusions with my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

krish

Journeyman
Hi all,

I'm facing some issues with my laptop about whom i need your help.

I have a Compaq M2512AU notebook. The basic config is AMD Mobile Sempron 3000+ (1.8 GHz), ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress (PCIe) 200M 128MB Graphics, 768 MB DDR 333 MHz RAM, 40 GB HDD, DVD+CDRW Combo, 15"....

I've been using this notebook for almost 10 months now. One fine day I executed the HP battery check software and it showed that the battery conditioin (and not charge) is critical.. that means its charge holding capacity has been decreased to alarming level. Then I decided to caliberate it by fully charging and discharging it. I had to discharge it fully. so when the windows showed 5% battery remaining (that's after running the laptop with fully charged battery for only 30 mins) it went to stand by.. i again started it and to my wonder, despite of windows showing the battery empty... it worked for 1 more hour!!!!! Now there are 2 things....

1. Why is the windows showing the worng info?? And what should i do so that it shows the correct info again
2. Is 1 and half hour backup enough for a 6 cell bettery which has been used for 10 months??

Another thing, what is the best way to use a laptop so as to keep the battery in the best condition?? I mean should I let the bettery plugged in even when i'm using it with the adaptor?? or should i remove it?? Please keep in mind that most of my usage is at home and with the power adaptor as i have to keep it switched on for long hours.

One more thing is that whenever i press the button on the laptop for switching on the WiFi, the blue light on the button switched on... remains on for 3-4 secs and gets switched off... the Wifi remains connected but the button light goes off... is it normal or should i go and het it checked to the compaq center??

Whenever i eject the Optical drive, it doesn't come out automatically. It seems as if its stuck up somewhere.... i have to give it a gentle touch to get the tray open....

Please help me regarding all these...

Thanks
Krish

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
as you still have 2 months of Warranty period, why not Call & Ask HP about it.

my cousin has a Compaq M2000 laptop, & his Battery dont last long more than 1.2 hours. the batteries which come with Compaq are all like this, complete waste:x

while HP Pavilion ones last more than 2 hours

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
This is true in most cases !! you should let it plugged in and with the most which can be done is what said by s18000RPm ,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom