Some information Pls. about AMD's(939) 2800, 3000 and 3200!!

Which one has the best price to performance ratio ???

• AMD 939 socket 3000+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMD 939 socket 3200+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Can anyone Pls. give me the the following information about AMD's 939 socket 2800+, 3000+ and 3200+ =>
1. L1 Cache
2. L2 Cache
3. Instruction Sets
4. Clock Speed
5. FSB
6. Price
7. Which one has the max. price to performance ratio ???

Thank You for reading !!!
Pls. Reply !!!

vshah

Broken In
the processors are all identical except for clock speed (i.e. the fsb multilplier is different). i'd say the 3000+ is best bang for your buck..

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
There is noamd 2800 939,that is with 754.

Newcastle 939
amd 3000
amd 3200
amd 3500
same models are available with winchester as well

all of them have 128+512kb=640 kb cache

amd 3000 939-7500
amd 3200 939-9800
amd 3500 939-13k>

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks for the Prices and L1 and L2 caches !!!
Pls. tell me their clock speeds also !!!
And one more thing, Is Intel better in multi-tasking than AMD as it has HT technology (almost like dual Processors :wink: ) ???

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
rachitboom2 said:
And one more thing, Is Intel better in multi-tasking than AMD as it has HT technology (almost like dual Processors :wink: ) ???

lol
HT is nothing like dual processing.
there are barely any software that take advantage of hyperthreading.
you can't go wrong with a 3000+

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
drvarunmehta said:
rachitboom2 said:

lol
HT is nothing like dual processing.
there are barely any software that take advantage of hyperthreading.
you can't go wrong with a 3000+
OK so now I have got it !!!
Now what about the Clock Speeds Pls. ???

Thanks for replying !!!
And reply soon !!! :wink:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The 3200+ is the best among those but I would say wait a bit until the 3500+ is available for lower prize.Starting from 3500+ she perfomance gain is really great!!!!So go for them even if U had to wait a bit(maybe byte).
Think par 3600+ if U gonna buy some SLI boards as in an SLI setup the CPU could easily become the bottleneck as the graphics would be much powerful nd faster than the CPU!!!
Also buy a 10000 rpm 74 GB HDD.Its really too fast nd offer fast loading for games

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
aravind_n20 said:
The 3200+ is the best among those but I would say wait a bit until the 3500+ is available for lower prize.Starting from 3500+ she perfomance gain is really great!!!!So go for them even if U had to wait a bit(maybe byte).
Think par 3600+ if U gonna buy some SLI boards as in an SLI setup the CPU could easily become the bottleneck as the graphics would be much powerful nd faster than the CPU!!!
Also buy a 10000 rpm 74 GB HDD.Its really too fast nd offer fast loading for games
Hey what is the cost of a "10000 rpm 74 GB HDD" ???

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
pradeep_chauhan said:
Why stop at 10,000 rpm get a scsi 320 15000 rpm disk. No compromises when it comes to raw power and throughput.
Again now what is the cost of => scsi 320 15000 rpm disk and 10000 rpm 74 GB HDD ??? :wink:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
aravind_n20 said:

makes no sense to wait for something better. when that something better comes along will you wait once again for something 'even better' to come along?
go for the 3000+. it gives good performance for its price.
although what arvind said is correct that if you're intrested in a SLI setup, you need a 3500+ to prevent a potential bottleneck. but i should warn you that very few games make use of SLI as of now.
you don't need a 10000 RPM SATA and you certainly don't need SCSI unless you're into heavy duty audio-video editing. just buy a 80-160 GB SATA 7200 RPM and you'll be satisfied with the performance.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I think the 10000 rpm raptor is bout 8k to 10 k.
Also U could opt for the new 15000 rpm series from Maxtor.
They are really used in high perfomance server machines, nd using high capacity drives of such speed for home use would be overkill(in terms of price).
Get 2 7200 rpm HDD in RAID0 config nd if money is not a problem get 2 10000 or 15000 rpm HDD raided nd spoil Urself!!!!!!!(I mean get insane perfomance)

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
aravind_n20 said:
I think the 10000 rpm raptor is bout 8k to 10 k.
Also U could opt for the new 15000 rpm series from Maxtor.
They are really used in high perfomance server machines, nd using high capacity drives of such speed for home use would be overkill(in terms of price).
Get 2 7200 rpm HDD in RAID0 config nd if money is not a problem get 2 10000 or 15000 rpm HDD raided nd spoil Urself!!!!!!!(I mean get insane perfomance)

dude stop suggesting ultra high-end hardware that no one can afford. you don't really think he needs twin 15000 RPM in RAID-0, do you?

@rachitboom2: please specify your applications so people can stop suggesting such hardware

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Hey call the toll free number to know everything bout AMD64 from 2800+ to FX55:nd all its features nd differences.U could get everything except the price!!!

1600-425-6664

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Raptor offer no gr8 performance increase over the existing sata/pata 7k rpm drives. On the other hand they are know to heat uop quickly.
@arvind: Plz make sensible suggestions !

@rachit: Post your budget and u might get sensible suggestions that you can actually use. ;)

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
blade_runner said:
Raptor offer no gr8 performance increase over the existing sata/pata 7k rpm drives. On the other hand they are know to heat uop quickly.
@arvind: Plz make sensible suggestions !

@rachit: Post your budget and u might get sensible suggestions that you can actually use. ;)

13K to 15K (or if needed then up to 17K :wink: ) is my budget !!!

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
17K for HDD

Hey rachitboom u mean u have budget of 17K for HDD or u wanna say that for processor and HDD.? Also i will like to know that if u get these high end latest H/w in bhopal?

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: 17K for HDD

wizrulz said:
Hey rachitboom u mean u have budget of 17K for HDD or u wanna say that for processor and HDD.? Also i will like to know that if u get these high end latest H/w in bhopal?
Upto 17K for CPU and MOBO !!!
Yes I will get all these hardWare in Bhopal (by order) ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom