solve this problem of XP pleaseeeeee.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

somani mayur

Right off the assembly line
When I boot into my computer it gives the error that
NTOSKRNL.exe is missing or corrupt so please...
i know the solution that
=>boot from XP cd
=>replace the corrupt file
.But I am unable to boot from the cd
.My CD drive is perfectly O.K.(it's a LG DVD writer)because I am able to boot from the Knoppix CD.
What should I do now?:mad:

shantanu

Technomancer
r u sure that you are using a bootable cd. if yes then check your BIOS settings for boot priority

47shailesh

Security Exp
shantanu_webmaster said:
if yes then check your BIOS settings for boot priority

he already said he is able to boot from knoppix cd do no need to go fro bios setting..

#####

Ensure CD u r using is bootable...

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
I faced this kind of problem a few years back, the Win CD was bootable too.. and I fixed it.... but now I forgot what I had done.....

I think I had installed some Linux that time (I think FC4), may be that had caused the problem.... But I dont correctly remember......

Please try this (only if you dont have a dual boot Linux you would like to keep or dont have a dual boot at all):
1. Insert a Win98 bootable CD or just a dos bootable floppy and get to the command prompt. Make sure you have a fdisk.com in the drive... *www.dehning.com/download/utilities/bootdisks/boot98.exe and write it to a floppy by double clicking or burn it to a cd by extracting it (Floppy Emulation)
2. Insert the bootable floppy or CD and the come down to command prompt
3. Type in "fdisk /mbr" in command prompt.
4. Reboot computer and try the XP CD again....
5. Tell me if it helps....:)

Other option which definately works:
1. Backup all your data to some other HDD or DVD or anything..
2. Insert Knoppix CD and then re-partition your HDD..

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^
True many times we get such errors, like:

NToskrnl.exe is missing or corrupt
Ntldr is missing or corrupt
etc.

But many times fixing MBR solves these problems. So boot using 98 CD or floppy disk and do what "khattam_" suggested. It should work.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
^^^ Yah, Exactly the same problem happened to me yesterday.
I had Win XP and FC5 installed.
I was uninstalling Kaspersky Security suite, after which it demanded a restart.
When I restarted the Worst happened. After the POST, the BSOD came, and sometimes the NToskrnl missing error came.
I tried to boot from Win XP CD and Bart's PE. But of no use.:confused:
After so many futile attempts, I had to take the HD to my friend, backup all 80 GB data :(and repartition again. Now the problem is solved.

Khattam and Vishal, if only you had said about this sometime before.....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom