Solve It If U can.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkar1986

Broken In
I had folder full of audio songs...I had set hidden atribute to it.
today a strange thing happened.The containts disappeared.I removed hidden atribute.But i cant find any thing in it.the size of the folder is showing right(1.5Gb)..i can even run the playlist createn from the songs in that folder...what do u think the problem & solution is????

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I doubt that only HIDDEN attribute of the fo9lder has been removed but the files in the folder are still set to HIDDEN ;)

So just enable option "Show hidden files/folders" from Tools -> Folder Options, and ur all files will be displayed! :)

bcoz when we hide any folder in XP, it ask us whether to set the attribute to only folder or also its sub-folders, and I think u set the attributes to the files inside the folder also :)

outlaw

De@d
yeah vishal that might be the reason

or just do a search for the files in x.p [ dont forget to select "search hidden files" option]

OP
P

pushkar1986

Broken In
Vishal Gupta said:
I doubt that only HIDDEN attribute of the fo9lder has been removed but the files in the folder are still set to HIDDEN ;)

So just enable option "Show hidden files/folders" from Tools -> Folder Options, and ur all files will be displayed! :)

bcoz when we hide any folder in XP, it ask us whether to set the attribute to only folder or also its sub-folders, and I think u set the attributes to the files inside the folder also :)

I hav already done that...no use...anything else??thanx

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Atleast d/l demo version of stellar pheonix to check out if it exists on ur HDD...be4 its too late

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@pushkar1986
Do uv also disabled the option "hide system files/folders" in Folder Options?
May be the attributes of those files hv been set to System, and thats why those files r not showing! ;)

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
if u cant see files but files are played in playlist

why not u copy while folder to some other drive & see if ur files are being copied or not

yeah its not showing files but when copying it shows "from" "to"

open folder

press Ctrl+A

in status bar see if it shows how many files selected or not

OP
P

pushkar1986

Broken In
piyush619 said:
if u cant see files but files are played in playlist

why not u copy while folder to some other drive & see if ur files are being copied or not

yeah its not showing files but when copying it shows "from" "to"

open folder

press Ctrl+A

in status bar see if it shows how many files selected or not

I tried but no use...
May be the attributes of those files hv been set to System, and thats why those files r not showing! ;)

no...they r not hidden..& i hav also enabled that "hide system files/folders"

Last edited:
OP
P

pushkar1986

Broken In
wizrulz said:
use stellar pheonix to check if its on ur hdd....

I Checked & all the files exist..but i cant c them :(

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
pushkar1986 said:

:(

Now that u know they exists....do one thing get a HDD form ur friend ....recoverthose files....format ur drive and copy them back ;)

Why don't you use the search facility in XP?

Simply search for the .mp3 or .wav etc files in that particular folder. If they are there than those audio files will be displayed.

After that you can copy-paste to another folder.

OP
P

pushkar1986

Broken In
nirubhai said:
i think this should work

Giving message files not found..:(

Simply search for the .mp3 or .wav etc files in that particular folder. If they are there than those audio files will be displayed.

After that you can copy-paste to another folder.

No use...didnt found any thing

i dont hav any locking programs..ty

Last edited:

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
check out do u really play those files if yes

which player

in WMP u can see path of file played
also in Winamp palth info is shown

why not just copy that path & see weather files exists or not

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@pushkar1986
If the playlist was created in WMP and its working, then just right-click on a song in the playlist and select "Open file location", it'll open the folder in which the song is stored ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom