SOLUTION: Orkut.com, Youtube.com and Firefox has been Blocked in System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Many members are facing a common problem, where Orkut.com, Youtube.com and Firefox are blocked in their systems and they get following error with a scary laugh:

Orkut IS BANNED, orkut is banned you fool The administrators didnt write this program guess who did?? r r MUHAHAHA!!
So here I'm posting a detailed procedure to solve this problem. Credits go to the virus creator for telling us the solution and also to "Charan" for letting us know about the automatic tool to remove this virus. :)

So here we start:

It happens bcoz of "Heap41a / win32.USBworm" which spreads through USB pen drives and removable storage devices. I'll tell you manual as well as automatic method to remove the virus:

-------------------------

A. MANUAL METHOD:

Follow these instructions:

1. Open "Task Manager" and goto "Processes" tab.

2. Look for services with name "svchost.exe". There will be many services with the same name. Most of them will have "SYSTEM", "LOCAL SERVICE" OR "NETWORK SERVICE" as User Name but you have to look for "svchost.exe" service which has your currently logged in username as User Name.

3. You'll get approx. 2 services with the name "svchost.exe" which has your Windows username. End Task them by pressing <Delete> key or by selecting them and clicking on "End Process" button. It'll confirm the action, accept it.

4. Now open "regedit" from RUN and goto following keys:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run
And look for a key in right-side pane with the name "Winlogon" which will have "heap41a\svchost.exe" in its value field. If you find this key, delete it.

5. Now goto following key:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL
And in right-side pane, change value of "CheckedValue" to 1

6. Now enable "Show Hidden Files/Folders" option in "Tools -> Folder Options" in My Computer.

7. Right-click on Start button and select "Open". Now open "Programs" folder, here you'll see a folder "Startup". Open it and if you get a hidden file there, delete it. If its not there, then close it.

8. At last open "My Computer" and open C: drive. Disable "Hide Protected System files" option in "Tools -> Folder Options". You'll see a folder "heap41a" in C: drive. Delete it.

Thats it. After doing all this, restart your system and you'll get rid of the virus.

B. AUTOMATIC METHOD:

Just download following tool and run it:

*img413.imageshack.us/img413/4733/orkutfixzl5.jpg

Download Orkut blocking Worm Removal tool

Don't forget to format your pen drive or removable storage media which caused this virus infection coz it would still contain the virus. If you don't want to format it, then delete following 2 files from pen drive:

microsoftpowerpoint.exe
autorun.inf

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
I have added this command also
File->Save As-C:/Vishal's Magic Tips/SOLUTION Orkut.com, Youtube.com and Firefox has been Blocked in System.html :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom