Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker

Padawan
guys my friend has an HP desktop. his config is
Celeron D 2.0 Ghz
256 mb RAM
intel 865 chipset.

the warranty on the desktop has run out, so he wants to add an agp slot to the mobo. the motherboard has markings (a space with lined silver dots) wherin u it appears that he can fit an agp slot. ( there is 'agp' written on that space which has got the markings)

can u just solder an AGP slot at that position???
will it actually work or does he have to upgrade/change his BIOS??

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Thats a crazy thing to do. Yes you will have to update your bios to that one an AGP supporting one, but the risk/cost overall here exceeds that of a new motherboard itself :|

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
There are different versions of mobo's available , few with Gfx slot and few without it. some manufactrers remove the GFX part of the mobo to cutdown the cost.so the same mobo can be available with gfx and without gfx slot, they also remove the circuit required for the gfx slot; which will cut the cost. so if you mobo has the gfx slot missing then it will not have the circuit to drive the gfx part. so forget about soldering the slot. best option ---> buy a new mobo with gfx slot :p

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
No, not really true. My old compaq 810 had a marker place for AGP too. But thats because it was made that way, they cant cut a hole in the middle for having no AGP slot can they? :p Y'maybe right.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
What they gonna cost for just soldering a slot onto a mobo. I dun think. There IS A price difference, so something would be missing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom