Status
Not open for further replies.

varunprabhakar

In the zone
can i know something about solaris?? my cousin wants to learn how to se solaris and has asked me to dwnld it from net?? is it free?? if so pls tell me where to download it from n wot r the system req. for running solaris??

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
OpenSolaris is free of cost. And check their documents for more info on it. Hardware requirements are also listed on the download page.

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I have Beleni X, a live cd of Open Solaris. Anyone who wants can contact me, media cost only if you are in Mangalore and you agree to pick it up :)

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
AFAIK not just OpenSolaris, Solaris 10 is also free to download from Sun's website. You just need to register. Also it is downloaded as three zipped files + one extractor software (500+500+130+24 MB). It takes about 2 hours to unzip and create a single DVD iso which can be used to install Solaris 10.

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
Hey, I recently placed an order for the Open Solaris DVD. They were sending it out for free like ShipIt. It said I would get the disc within 10 business days. It has been more than a month since then, and I haven't recieved it. Anybody else has recieved the DVD?

NucleusKore

TheSaint
mediator said:
@nucleuskore : How is beleni x? Can u give a brief review about it?

Well its a live cd as I said. The desktop manager is kde. Looks like old mandrake 8.0 :) Nothing to shout about really. Never detected my cmi 8738 soundcard. I was just curious so I downloaded it.

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
ApoorvKhatreja said:
Hey, I recently placed an order for the Open Solaris DVD. They were sending it out for free like ShipIt. It said I would get the disc within 10 business days. It has been more than a month since then, and I haven't recieved it. Anybody else has recieved the DVD?

Same with me... Still waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom