Software to capture handycam video

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
I've got a Sony DCR-TRV310E. I need to transfer the video from my handycam to my PC. I need to know if I'll be needing any special software to do so. If so, which one? No software was provided by the company also. The camera doesn't have a USB port since its a slightly old model, so I'm forced to settle with the S-Video ports. Is that a good option? Are there better, if any? I would like to know if the space consumed will be large. Anyway to compress and still be able to burn it on to DVDs which can be played on DVD players?

Thanks in advance :)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Sometimes threads do get missed out. You also can try the link I have given in the thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42941

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
kiran.rkk said:
Sometimes threads do get missed out. You also can try the link I have given in the thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42941

I did go through the thread before posting. Like I mentioned, I DO NOT have a USB port NOR a Firewire port on the camera as ITS SLIGHTLY OLD. Can I do the transfer using S-Video cable??????

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
In such cases, transfer through S-Video port is the best option. It's not exactly a 'transfer' but it's a real-time capturing using DV pass-through feature in Windows Movie Maker.
Detailed procedure is given at the link below:

Capturing Video in Windows Movie Maker 2.1 by Using DV Pass-Through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom