Software problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Hi Guys,

After a very long period of time, I come into this Forum again. My doubts are as follows.

*I AM USING WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP2.

1. I am at present using Internet Explorer 6.0.2900 (SP2) version and I have got a CD containing Internet Explorer 7 BETA 3(SP2). Is the latter the latest version or what? and if so, how to install it. (that is, after uninstalling the former completely).
2. I install some softwares usually. But after uninstalling them, I find some part of the softwares not removed from my Computer. Is there any way or method to remove such things completely from my system?
3. Technology changes now and then. So, what is the name of the totally Free Antivirus Software that you feel very effective and good from your experience? Can you give me the link so that I may try to download from that?
4. What is name of the latest version of AVG FREE edition?
5. I am using SPYBOT-SEARCH&DESTROY & LAVASOFT AD-AWARE SE PERSONAL editions? After completing their scanning, they show their results. If I attempt to remove the cookies or files or others shown in the result Box, some other part of Installed Softwares on my computer are also deleted and as a result of which there may arise some problem when using such Installed Softwares. Is there anything to avoid such problem?
6. I have shifted my house. So, I want to change my residential address given in WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP2 operating system. What should be done in this regard?
7. I am using Outlook express. I do not use Internet for a long period of time and so there are a lot of (325 nos.of) e-mail messages waiting for me to receive from a lot of persons who is not known to me personally. I do not EVEN download such e-mails, that is, I want to delete them all without downloading into my inbox. What should I do for this?

als2

Journeyman
u can search urself regarding ur queries
there r no technical question above.

all r basic question

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Here are answers of some of ur queries:

1.) U can install the new version without any problem. No need to uninstall the previous :)

2.) For complete uninstall, try following s/w:

*www.innovative-sol.com/uninstaller/
*www.zsoft.dk/index/software

3.) avast! & AVG are very good anti-virus s/w.

Download avast!
Download AVG

4.) I think its 7.1.406, better look at their site!

5.) U can set those entries in the ignore list! Just right-click on the entry and u'll get an option to add the selection in Ignore list.

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Hi Guys,

For Computer, I am just a beginner. I will be very happy if you reply to all my questions in detail above.

anandk

Distinguished Member
1. stick with ie6. ie7 is beta. also it wont install if xp is pirated
2. delete the program folders physically. also use a good freeware registry cleaner like ccleaner www.ccleaner.com to clear pc junk
3. avast av www.avast.com
4. search for it on www.grisoft.com the avg site. they have recently purchased ewido anti-spy which is a good one
5 spybot/adaware wont cause any probls. delete what they detect
6. reconfirm, but u may have to open the registry and modify the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MS Setup\User Info
7. visit ur mail providers site eg hotmail, yahoo, etc and just delete them from ur inbox there empty the deleted items/junk mail folder too, then u can donload what u want to only.

is that all ? or do u have another set of qs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom