SOFTWARE NEWS: Google Desktop 4.5 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Google has refreshed the design of the recent 4.5 release of Google Desktop. The design is a lot cleaner with the integration of a little transparency. With this new release, your personalized content seems to flow and fit in much better on your desktop. I wasn't a big fan of Google Desktop before. I have had it installed on my PC since it was released from Google, but it just seemed to slow down everything, and for the past year or so I really haven't used it. So when this new version came out yesterday, I thought I would give it another try. Thus far, I have been extremely happy with the new Google Desktop. It has a much more Mac desktop widget feel. You can drag and place the widgets all around your screen, and they don't intrude, they just blend in. Sorry Mac and Linux users, for now Google Desktop is only available for Windows.

An added note: Google has built this version of Desktop to be compatible with Microsoft Office 2007, and Mozilla Firefox 2.0.

Download here
Source

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Vishal Gupta said:
Sorry Mac and Linux users, for now Google Desktop is only available for Windows.
Why do Mac users need it anyway? Dashboard and Spotlight do pretty much whatever Google Desktop offers. We do not need another set of widgets and definitely do not need another indexing system running in the background and consuming system resources. But it is definitely good news for Windows users. GD offers the closest experience to Spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom