Software Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumar88

Right off the assembly line
Hi

a friend of mine says installing softwares in c drive will make windows slow (booting and working) and install all the stuff in other drives (a bit irritating)

i never heard such a strange thing till now. is it true???

P

paranj

nope. but yes if u fill the drive to brim, than yes cause HDD will take time to locate required files.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Thats false, you can install everything in your c drive, but make sure you dont overload it as paranj said. And defragment your drives regularly.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Hi

a friend of mine says installing softwares in c drive will make windows slow (booting and working) and install all the stuff in other drives (a bit irritating)

i never heard such a strange thing till now. is it true???
Just care to defragement drives and clean them regularly. You can use cCleaner for cleaning purpose.

Well, complete defragmentation of a drive is only possible if the drive has atleast 15% space left free. So install into your c drive till its less then 85% full. After that choose some other partition.

Well thats great. Keeping an eye on your disk space is a must-do thing for any computer user. What i was saying is that windows defragmentor needs 15% of free disk space to do a full defragmentation. So counting freespace in GBs doesn't mean anything unless it equals to 15% of the total partition space, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom