software for sharing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfame

Padawan
me and my friend computer is on the same LAN through which we are being connected to internet.
How can we share things among us @ 10Mbps i.e the network speed.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Configure your computers to have same Workgroup name and similar IP addresses. Then, set up share permissions for whatever folders you want to share... Exact details will depend on which version of Windows you are running...

hack expert

In the zone
windows does provide the file sharing but why get into all that when u have softwares like IP messenger simple and easy . i've been using it since ages . just google it ull get many others too .

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
is there any software which can help me synchronize the files on the two computers?

sakumar79

Technomancer
^^ Comparator at *www.dirfile.com/comparator.htm - currently, authors website hosts Pro version only... But the link above has slightly older but free version

Arun

OP
M

mr_logical

Broken In
ya that stuff abt windows is k. i have that thing setup but what i wanted to know that is there some software which is like P2P stuff on the web. the problem with windows sharing is that ppl tend to run stuff off ur pc which really makes the pc dead slow. also if u provide password protection then again u r doing restrictive sharing. soo plz something along this line

ashfame

Padawan
You can download Sync Toy Setup from Microsoft's Website.
It's a good feature and provide bunch of options.

manas said:
is there any software which can help me synchronize the files on the two computers?
You won't need anything else. :wink:

ashfame

Padawan
We both uses Win xp pro sp2.
I am using PC cillin internet security 2005 (firewall) & my friend is using windows built in firewall.
Pl provide details about sharing data.
We both have static IP.

sakumar79 said:
Configure your computers to have same Workgroup name and similar IP addresses. Then, set up share permissions for whatever folders you want to share... Exact details will depend on which version of Windows you are running...

sakumar79

Technomancer
Right click My Computer and select property. In the tab Computer Name, set Workgroup to match each other and give each unique name to identify system... Next, go to Network Connections. You should have a LAN entry if you have a ethernet card with drivers installed. Here, right-click, select property... In the list of installed items, select TCP/IP and select property... Enter similar IP addresses for you and your friend (192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)... Note that IP address should preferably have the above starting 3 numbers 192.168.0.x... There are a few others also allowed for LAN... Rest are for internet...

Now, you should be able to see the other computer in Network Neighbourhood->View Workgroup Computers...

Arun

ashfame

Padawan
sakumar79 said:
Right click My Computer and select property. In the tab Computer Name, set Workgroup to match each other and give each unique name to identify system... Next, go to Network Connections. You should have a LAN entry if you have a ethernet card with drivers installed. Here, right-click, select property... In the list of installed items, select TCP/IP and select property... Enter similar IP addresses for you and your friend (192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)... Note that IP address should preferably have the above starting 3 numbers 192.168.0.x... There are a few others also allowed for LAN... Rest are for internet...

Now, you should be able to see the other computer in Network Neighbourhood->View Workgroup Computers...

Arun
But my IP is 172.16.11.77
and my friend IP is 61.16.139.72
Can we still do it. :roll:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
hey wht u want exactly...do u want to share any sofware or u just wanna to share files and folder.
see...sharing files and folder on lan is very easy.

put the ip address of two computer as 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3 rest(subnet mask,default gateway,ets) keep the same on both the computers..
than follow this
start-all program-accessories-communication-network set up wirard.
run this wizard on both computer.
now u can share the files and folder .

enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom