So my XFX gfx card is going for replacement...

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Today morning I wake up, turn on the monitor (Pc's always on) and find pink anomalies and a frozen screen. I restart my PC and after 5-6 mins the samething happens. I tried everything but figured the graphics card has bummed out. So it's still under warranty and going for replacement.

It's a 8800GT. Now a friend of mine told me that I would get a graphics card that costs same ammout today as much as my 8800GT costed when I bought it. Is that true ? I mean I paid like 15k for it... so does that mean I will get a GTX260 ?

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
^can't say.... depends on them

because here somebody's DELL CRT was replaced by DELL 22" LCD by DELL so it just depends.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
it is unlikely that they'll give a GTX 260. They are more likely to give you a card which matches the performance. But that too will happen only if they don't have any 8800s left in stock. If they do have it in stock, they will give you the same card. I have heard people getting 80 GB HDD in replacement of 40 GB HDD. So, you might just get lucky. (Waiting for my 1GB Kingston pen drive to get damaged)
And I don't think it's good to keep your PC always on, although many people do it. You should allow some time to cool down once in a while.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
It's coming day after. Dunno which it is. They didn't temme anything other than that it's coming back day after tomorrow.

Will surely inform here when it comes.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Today morning I wake up, turn on the monitor (Pc's always on) and find pink anomalies and a frozen screen. I restart my PC and after 5-6 mins the samething happens. I tried everything but figured the graphics card has bummed out. So it's still under warranty and going for replacement.

It's a 8800GT. Now a friend of mine told me that I would get a graphics card that costs same ammout today as much as my 8800GT costed when I bought it. Is that true ? I mean I paid like 15k for it... so does that mean I will get a GTX260 ?

Which PSU you have..?

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Yes. I might be having it by the evening or tomorrow morning. Thanks for the suggestion. I myself am gunning for a VX450W :).

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
my 8800gts 320mb was burnt this jan , i gave it back to my assembler cause it was in warranty , he said burnt ki warranty nahin hoti iam trying to repair it.

fir jub warranty period khatam ho gaya he returned it back ans said it cant be repaired .

has he changed my piece or original bech khaya?

is it true theres no burnt warranty.

its interesting to know they give part of same power . come on psycho the curiosity is churning my stomach.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
my 8800gts 320mb was burnt this jan , i gave it back to my assembler cause it was in warranty , he said burnt ki warranty nahin hoti iam trying to repair it.

fir jub warranty period khatam ho gaya he returned it back ans said it cant be repaired .

has he changed my piece or original bech khaya?

is it true theres no burnt warranty.

its interesting to know they give part of same power . come on psycho the curiosity is churning my stomach.
which brand, shop, did you get a proper bill with it & ow did it get burnt?

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
xfx 8800 gts 320mb wa wrth 26k . microsystems in rani bagh , the name of the guy is indraneel chaurasia.

my father gave me his number to explain him what i want bak in 2007.

my cm 600 had a problem actually and i started the sytem on the faulty psu so the gpu got affected.

he replaced the psu but i think he cheated me with the gpu and sold it off .

though i did call smc they said i can only fetch 1700 rs fo it now for a wrking one.

thats why i was considering 5850 cause thats the cheapest i can by till radeon 6000.

but radeon 6000(southern islands/northern islands) has been delayed and of its 5 categories only the lowest caico will be here in december, wch is replacement for 56xx or 54xx i think.

then theres also replacement for 57xx , but forgot the name.

ther replace ment for 5850 , 5870 ,and 5870 will all be released in 2011.

what a bummer and iwas all thrilled to make crysis 2 cry.hmf.

Caicos planned for late 2010 which would be the successor of Cedar (Radeon HD5450)
Turks planned for late 2010 which would be the successor of Redwood (HD55xx/HD5670)
Barts scheduled for early 2011 would be the successor of Juniper (Radeon HD57xx)
Cayman planned for early 2011 which would be the successor of Cypress (Radeon HD58xx)
Caribbean scheduled for early 2011 would be the successor of Hemlock (Radeon HD5970)

quote from pure over clock forums *forums.pureoverclock.com/showthread.php?t=9095

wikpediai says the southern islands is delayed cause global foundaries will move to 28nm, so i think amd gonna make these gpu on 28nm instead of 40nm and hence the delay.

if you are clearer on the matter please update me too.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
but its a new piece. u want me to throw it away just like that?
or ill have to leave the system for onboard only.
that means no 22" lcd .
bummer, can clarkdale handle 22" inc without discrete?

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
BUMP people. Sorry to keep you waiting. Damn Rashi service.

Yeah so I got it today. A Dual Slot Cooler version of the 8800GTS 640MB by XFX in place of my stock XFX 8800GT 512MB :D.

Top Bottom