Sneek Preview into Norton AV 2005 ( Now beta included )

Status
Not open for further replies.

leech

Broken In
Hi guys

Symantec is already testing their latest version of the much aclaimed Anti- Virus Software ( Norton Anti Virus 2005 ) I have some of the screen shots for you..... This version will also include an inbound firewall and also will change colors according to the status of the Anitivirus ( well just from green to red). It will interface with Windows XP SP2 veru well......

Normal Screen.
*leechsite.freeservers.com/Picture2.jpg

Screen Changes color when a issues is detected
*leechsite.freeservers.com/Picture1.jpg

Firewall at work
*leechsite.freeservers.com/Picture3.jpg

I found this beta version on the net...
Code:
*www.tweakersonline.nl/prog/Norton_AntiVirus_2005_Beta.rar

G

ooooo .. i havent tried nv 2004 yet .. but seems good . got from semantec's site ?

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
nik: dont bother with the 2004 its absolute rubbish. I had severe problems with it. Right now I would say do the corp edition or use 2003 version. I would take the wait and watch approach for 2005 esp since we dont know how our system will be affected after SP2 installation for Windows XP

devianthulk

Broken In
I guess we can expect a spyware /adware remover along with the
antivirus engine... not very sure though.

Hope its not resource hungry as its predecessors!!!

OP
L

leech

Broken In
yup the scanning is real slow cause norton scans every single thing. NAV 2004 already has the joke programs and adware built into it to a small extent.

But I still would be happy to have a safer system than a crashed system

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah.
Norton may be sluggish,cpu n memory hog.
But its reliable.
Is the Beta of 2005 available for download.
It looks cool
But it seems that Symantec has just made the interface prettier.
Couldnt find any new features from the snapshots.
Hey Leech,
What are the min. & reccomended requirements.
Most probably they must have reccomended winXP, 256MB Ram n some Ghz cpu.

OP
L

leech

Broken In
OOPS all my images are ggggggggggggoooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeee..... I wish we had the option to upload images on the digit server itself

EinSTeiN

Broken In
ya norton 2004 makes the pc real slow. it has unnecessary popups and alerts. which can make even the fastest pc a SNAIL.

siddhesh

Broken In
I am using NAV 2004 & didn't face any problems. It runs smoothely, no system slowdown. As always, everyone has a different expirience!

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Good... I am too tired of separate Firewalls and that stuff ..Lets see if it is a resource hogger or not ..
Collectively ZAP and NAV eats some 39 Mb of my RAM ..if it takes less than it . I am gonna have it ...

OP
L

leech

Broken In
Here is the beta version i found on the net

*www.tweakersonline.nl/prog/Norton_AntiVirus_2005_Beta.rar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom