Status
Not open for further replies.

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Anyone knows a brand name called 'Smyle' of monitors.
I m purchaesing a 2nd hand 15" smyle analog monitor which is some 6-7 year old but in working condition.
Is it good cos ive never heard the name of this vendor.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:shock: smyle monitor????
never heard of it...nor does the web has nything with it
nd as a thumb rule i dont buy ((nd wont recommend u too)) to go for a product who even dont have ny web presense....!! :lol:

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
Couldnt find a brand called smyles
Tho I searched in the net for miles
But it got lot of guys called smyles
Hop its not the previous owners name which is smyle...

Buy it at your own risk pal.....for how much u r gettin it but?

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
As a computer Vendor i can suggest you to stay away from Analog monitors . Digital are the best no matter how old and you can always sell it at a good price later .

OP
A

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Correction its 'smile' n not 'smyle'
Its 15'' n analog n working fine .
Its going to cost me 2.5K with only test warranty means ill have 2 days
to check it out for problems.
The vendor says after these 48 hours hes not responsible.
Should i go for it.
Or can anyone suggest a reliable source dealing in second hand hardware.
I m planning to buy a 19' or 20' but that will be after atleast 4-6 months.
So i want the monitor for just 3-4 months n i want it cheap.
I m not a great gamer so anything which will support 1024/768 at 60 hz
is ok.
Please dont suggest 'jeetu bhai june computer wale' at lammy and boriwali cos a friend had a bad experience with him.
Please suggest the cheapest option available.

BBye

Sourabh

Laptoping
lol i sold my LG studioworks 15 inch monitor with stereo speakers for 2700 Rs last month

u can get a good brand monitor with more warranty if u search the right dealer in ur place

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:shock: ...man....1024/768 at 60hz......wow...u really gonna have a headache man!!!!it shud be atleast 75...or 80.....60 is too low....

nd i dont understand why 19"/21"...unless u have specific CAD or ny other digital needs....

LG/Samsung 17" - 5600...white...add 150 for black color
LG/Samsung 19" - 13000.....why ru spending double the amount for a meager 1.0" increment .....though they are no doubt far superior than 17"...in clarity/resolution they support...but they dont come under "value for money"...section according to me....

nd getting a second hand monitor for just 3 months....then going for a new one...will inturn prove costly to u.... :?:

nd sourabh is rite...abt the price that is...a frnd of mine brought a monitor still under warranty...2months left i think(LG...17") for 4000 .. :wink:
check out various shops...nd sum shops ONLY deal in second hand stuff...check them out also....

ALL THE BEST!!!

PS >> Hey Sourabh...check out ur spellings man!!!Rite na?

tuxfan

Technomancer
I would strongly recommend that you don't buy that smile stuff. Spend a little extra and take something that is genuinely good and has a resale value. Here you may land up losing your money. What grinning_devil says is right. There are cheap stuff available if you search for them.

In Mumbai at Lamington Road, there is a person called Jeetubhai Joone Computerwale :lol: You can find him in a building next to Lamington Road Polics Station. He would be a little more reliable I guess. But even for a second hand piece, take a known and successful brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom