SMPS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

setharsh

Broken In
hey ppl,
i'm having problem with my spms...there was i loud noise when i switched on my PC and after that there was a burning smell coming out of my SMPS.....
so i'm guessing my SMPS went POOF!!

it was a 300w microtek SMPS, can anyone recommend me a good quality SMPS...i generally leave my PC on for days at an end

it has just one fan apart from the SMPS one...
also, i have 3 optical drives and a 6600 graphics card which requires a power cable, my system spces are given below:

P4 2.6 Ghz
intel D865GBF motherboard
1 GB ram
Geforce 6600 graphics card
3 optical drives
1 floppy drive
1 seagate 160GB SATA hard-drive

shantanu

Technomancer
JUST GO FOR COOLING MASTER 550 watts coz it will come in a handy budget of rs. 1900/- and everyone knows cooling master is another good brand as antec

but i too use antec 650 FAN less and its great but really very very expensive if you can spend 8000/- bucks then go for it ,, as it simply rules.. :)

Third Eye

gooby pls
@setharsh: Mention the budget....

If money is not a problem then you can go for Antec 400Watt PSU otherwise go for local iball type psu....

OP
S

setharsh

Broken In
thnx for the help guyz....
my budget is around 2000K

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls
setharsh said:
thnx for the help guyz....
my budget is around 2000K

Then you can go to 'Nehru Place' to purchase Antec 400PSU...

I don't know the exact price of Antec 400PSU but it was around 2000-2100 last year....

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
tech_mastermind said:
iBall is a decent SMPS....i am using it.....
wanted to check b'cos as i am not a gammer so don't need that much power
any one tell its specs like how many volts on the rail

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
rajaryan_13 said:
Currently using i-Ball 400W (priced 450/-), its a crap I believe, coz needed to unplug CD-RW, FDD to run the mchine

Man 400 W smps n u got to unplug both CD-RW n FDD to get the machine started.......
I could run everything when i had a 300W smps in my old config...
go get it changed man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom