smps for this setup?? URGENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamalsen

Broken In
Hi there.

I got a brand new system with the following configuration:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ /512KB Cache/2000 MHzFSB/Socket 939 2 * 512 MB DDR TRANSCEND RAM 400 MHZ MSI K8N SLI Platinum M/B - nForce4 SLI - Socket 939 XFX GeForce 6600 graphics Card 256 Mb Memory Western Digital Sata 7200 rpm 80gb HDD.

please suggest some local brabds of smps for this setup...
i know it has to be a 450 watt and 24 pin system ..urgent!!please suggest.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Powersafe from VIP 500w should be enough for this. You havent mentioned if you have any CD/DVD drives and others like this. These take up power as well.

OP
T

tamalsen

Broken In
please advise on this.HELP!

I would also have a dual layer dvd writer.
Well,after doing incessant search for the proper psu i went in to buy one...but would you believe it they did not have single one which matches the specs(Kolkata)??antec was available in only one shop but way over my budget.I found one server class psu-i need your advice on that.It is from a company called e-life and is 600 watts.the +12v rail has 25A power and the +3.3v has 30A.what i want to know is that if i buy this psu,will it fry my system???this is the only one available other than the antec.other 500 watts psu that are available either do not have the 24 pin or end up not having 18A in the +12v rail.My motherboard needs at least 18A in the +12v rail.I am deeply worried about this and i would be very greatfull if you could provide any feedback on this.PLEASE help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom