Smackdown vs Raw 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

hullap

Cyborg Agent
its ok but some how repitative
24/7 mpde is OK.but i liked wrestling styles buy which i'm ABLE to BEAT KHALI by REY MYSTERIO

quicky008

Technomancer
Are it visuals better than that of svr2007's?Does the game actually look better than svr 2007 or is it using the same old graphics engine?

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
guys why would they won't release pc versions,our pc version is very very past isn't no khali,atleast batista and john cena

OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
bcoz thq wasn't making enough money of pc titles and it's a lot to develop games for the console coz u can optimise it very well.and also the number of keys required to play wrestling games is more so only die-hard wrestling fans would enjoy it.

maybe TNA's impact game could be released on PC just to build some competition in this genre.

batistabomb-abey tu toh aise bol raha hai ki tu original game kharidney walla hai.

u could always use ps2 emulator atleast they play SVR 2006 smoothly with any 7xxx series card

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
ratedrsuperstar said:
bcoz thq wasn't making enough money of pc titles and it's a lot to develop games for the console coz u can optimise it very well.and also the number of keys required to play wrestling games is more so only die-hard wrestling fans would enjoy it.

maybe TNA's impact game could be released on PC just to build some competition in this genre.

batistabomb-abey tu toh aise bol raha hai ki tu original game kharidney walla hai.

u could always use ps2 emulator atleast they play SVR 2006 smoothly with any 7xxx series card
or you could get out and buy a PS2 or an Xbox 360 and rid yourself of all those hassles and have pure gaming fun ?

hullap

Cyborg Agent
quicky008 said:
Are it visuals better than that of svr2007's?Does the game actually look better than svr 2007 or is it using the same old graphics engine?
same and old

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The game is mundane & looks the same but the control system has been revamped & a few changes in the roster.I am heavily missing the character variety of WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain which was the best WWE title till date.I still can't understand why these bozos at THQ don't bring out a PC version for this series.I mean how long should we stuck with that crappy WWF RAW & it's ultra-pathetic mods.:mad:

This is wierd & they know they could make good sales with these titles.I mean there tons of people who I know are gunning for this titles to shift across on PC too.With the lack of good emulator support for PS2 what more can we crib for to play this game.:(

OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
they can learn from pro evolution series which copies the entire console interface directly to the pc only with the addition of settings before starting the game.

here comes the pain was a very good game to get into this genre.but seriously did any of u guyz play it with no finishers at the beginning and charge speed to normal?

for ppl like me who has mastered every wrestling title there is HCTP seemed like slam-bang-thank you mam stuff.most ppl didn't play it with any strategy.
for me smackdown 2:know your role was the best game.i play it's modded version till now sometimes.

THQ has definitely gone wrong with the control system in the past few games.certain new tricks should be applicable in certain situations like only 2 cheap tricks in a match or only 1 low-blow when you're down and out.just like in soccer when the ref knows where and when to give a card.

i do think they will release a pc version maybe next year when they scrap out the ps2 console for the series.this will allow more multiplayer options which are available on the ps3 and 360 and ofcourse the PC!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
For me simplicity is the key.The titles post it turning into Raw V/S Smackdown had wierd control system & had to be taken somtime to actually get to know the correct manoverus.Here comes the pain was a very straight forward title with plenty of character option which had actually driven it to success.No wonder it had got a 9+ rating at gamespot.:)

Smackdown 2 on the other hand I have to agree was the best & most simplest title till date.That game was(& still is) a rage when it came out.The best thing about it was the graple moves which were dam simple to execute & finishers could be easily executed.Moreover there was plenty of room of customising a character & with a few mem card saves over the internet they had actually created some excellent replica's of RVD,Brock Lesnar,Hulk Hogan & Rey Mysterio.

It's not tough to map the controls onto a PC too.Heck I have played Smackdown 2 far more on the PC than I ever did on the PSone & with zero difficulty with the controls.So hope they make a PC version pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom