Slow speeds with Azureus + Bsnl broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
have Bsnl broadband connection with Home 500 plan.

On HTTP download i easily get around 217kBps but with torrent, its always around 120kBps:confused:

Using Azureus 3.0.5.0

Please tell what settings to use, for maximum speeds.

Do not suggest utorrent, as i am on Linux

legolas

Padawan
well, there could be plenty of reasons...
1) try azureus 2.5.0.4 as there are blogs/posts which i read that many sites have re-allowed azureus 2.5.0.4 as the new one is CRAP.
2) try optimizing the incoming/outgoing connections for your connection... I usually keep it as 250/500 (in utorrent).
3) try encrypting ur traffic
4) did you try downloading with private dedicated trackers.. if not, try'em. If you get good speeds there, then its just that the public tracker was relatively less effective, the swarm speed was just not sufficient.
5) Also check if your NAT is ok... if not, you will have to contact BSNL and ask them to allow or open certain ports for you and you should use those ports...

Have you tried any/all of these? if not, please try'em and post back.
as for your question reg. what settings to use, you will get all the required information here, just in case you need them... *www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Find_best_settings

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
well, there could be plenty of reasons...
1) try azureus 2.5.0.4 as there are blogs/posts which i read that many sites have re-allowed azureus 2.5.0.4 as the new one is CRAP.
Initially was using that old verison only but, it was crashing again & again. so upgraded

2) try optimizing the incoming/outgoing connections for your connection... I usually keep it as 250/500 (in utorrent).

right now using In Tools -> Options -> Transfer, set the first five items to: 40 | 0 | 5 | 103 | 171

3) try encrypting ur traffic
already done
4) did you try downloading with private dedicated trackers.. if not, try'em. If you get good speeds there, then its just that the public tracker was relatively less effective, the swarm speed was just not sufficient.

can you post any well seeded TEST torrent, to check my speed

5) Also check if your NAT is ok... if not, you will have to contact BSNL and ask them to allow or open certain ports for you and you should use those ports...
NAT is okay, Green Smilies .
For opening of ports, as if BSNL is gonna listen to me

whats is meant here
A note on ADSL speeds using PPPoE:

An ADSL connection using PPPoE has reduced usable bandwidth compared to the theoretical bandwidth that is purchased. In my experience a theoretical 512kb/s dl product has overheads due to the PPPoE encapsulation that limits the connection to about 400kb/s max. This means the limit before applying the suggestions above should be 400/512 ≈ 78% of the theoretical bandwidth. This logic applies in both directions. So Azureus DL max would be:

80% × 78% × 512kb/s ≈ 319kb/s; 319kb/s ÷ 8 B/b ≈ 40 kB/s if Azureus is the only Internet application. Reduce this somewhat to allow other Internet protocols better response on the same connection.
*www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Increase_download_speed

does this mean PPPoE is slower then Bridged mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom