Slow reply from pc ... pls help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
when i click on my softwares folder on d: it take about 5-6 secs to bring the active click on that folder ... this is only happening with 2-3 folders...where as other folders get open instantly ...pls help how to overcome this problem ?>?

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Those folders must be containing a large number of files.Ur OS takes some time to calculate the size of the folders to show in the tooltip when u hover over the folder.

OP
N

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
digi_brat n mediator ... i agree with u guyz ... u both r right ..it contains 16000 files ... but is there any solution for it??

mediator

Technomancer
what 16000?...thats huge! Neway i'm not sure for it...but disabling clear of pagefile at shutdown and enabling indexing service migth speed it up!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@NagpurDaMunda if you have large number of zip files or zip files with many files in the root of that directory and you have a virus scanner installed then this will be the problem. just copy those zip files into other directory, this might solve the problem.

EDIT: Distribut the files in that folder into two or three child folders.

mediator

Technomancer
Well i occasionally run windows now....so u have to google it....search for it and it will be in 1st 5 replies!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Disabling pagefile clear :
* Click Start
* Click Control Panel
* Click Administrative Tools
* Click Local Security Policy
* Click the "+" next to Local Policies
* Click Security Options
* Doubleclick "Shutdown: Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile"
* Select the "Disabled" radio button
* Click OK

Indexing Service:
Run > 'services.msc'
In that window, on the right pane, find/choose Indexing service double click and set it to automatic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom