Status
Not open for further replies.

hsnayvid

Journeyman
I am using Windows 98/XP:

Recently my computer's (win 98) startup and shutdown process has slowed down drastically. It takes over 1 minute to shut down, where as Win XP is working fine. I recently installed a 256 MB RAM to my computer.

Can anyone suggest what could possibly the reason and solution to this problem.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
hmmm try to clear up unwanted programs from the strtup list, scan disk, defrag it, clear of temp file from the windows\temp folder.... hmm... try a virus scan..... uninstall some old un used programs.... try cleaning registry with registry cleaner etc etc. w8 fo rreply to get more idea's :p

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

OP
H

hsnayvid

Journeyman
cooljeba said:
hmmm try to clear up unwanted programs from the strtup list, scan disk, defrag it, clear of temp file from the windows\temp folder.... hmm... try a virus scan..... uninstall some old un used programs.... try cleaning registry with registry cleaner etc etc. w8 fo rreply to get more idea's :p

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

scanned disk
deefraged it
cleared the temp files
virus scanned
uninstalled several progs

just a few days ago.

will try registry cleaner soon.

vinaypatel

Journeyman
try to clear up unwanted programs from the strtup list, scan disk, defrag it, clear of temp file from the windows\temp folder, try a virus scan..... uninstall some old un used programs.... try cleaning registry with registry cleaner etc etc. w8 fo rreply to get more idea's

use xp and hibernate facility

theraven

Technomancer
@indyan me to think ME was better than 98
atleast my experience was
i experienced a more stable OS and less Blue screen errors ...
but i soon enuff shifted to win 2k and then xp
the transition stages were quite short

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom