slow 'horse' after an improper shutdown .

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my PC is only one month old ( AMD 3000//1GB//msi-rs482//SeagateSATA80gb) and its running fine . its boot time was very less also . when I pressed cabinet power on I could only just see the windows-xp screen with 2 'fill-up' blue complete bars go from left to right. then monitor turns black just for 0.5 second then again the same windows xp screen comes lasts just for a second then my log-in screen comes .

now yesterday for the first time it experienced improper shutdown and after that I see theboot up time is much more
now what I see is
first 2 black&white screen featuring some msi motherboard logo and another screen .
then windows xp screen comes and insteade of 2 now 5-6 'fill-up' blue goes from left to right . then for about 2-3 second monitor turns black snd then again XP screen comes last for 3-4 second . then my log-in screen comes .

I also did defragment , but it is somewhat slow now . so what I should do ?and why it had happened ? all I can say that after the improper shutdown the boot-up time has incresed 10 seconds . can any techie here enlight me with some knowledge ?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Try closing some unwanted services apart from startups... I too was experiencing that and I closed loads of unwantedies and now boot time is 6 secs (1 scroll of boot screen) and shut is in 3 secs. :)

U can read what i wrote about major unwanted services here

S

SignificantMind

Have you tried Tweaknow regcleaner(*www.download.com/TweakNow-RegCleaner/3000-2094_4-10512597.html?tag=lst-0-1) if not you might want to unclog your registry that might cause the problem you can try defraging your hard drive it has a built in defragmenter go to Start\All programs\accessories\System Tools\Disk Defragmenter or theres a possible malware on your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom