1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

slow 'horse' after an improper shutdown .

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by hellomotto, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hellomotto

hellomotto Banned

well my PC is only one month old ( AMD 3000//1GB//msi-rs482//SeagateSATA80gb) and its running fine . its boot time was very less also . when I pressed cabinet power on I could only just see the windows-xp screen with 2 'fill-up' blue complete bars go from left to right. then monitor turns black just for 0.5 second then again the same windows xp screen comes lasts just for a second then my log-in screen comes .

now yesterday for the first time it experienced improper shutdown and after that I see theboot up time is much more
    now what I see is
    first 2 black&white screen featuring some msi motherboard logo and another screen .
    then windows xp screen comes and insteade of 2 now 5-6 'fill-up' blue goes from left to right . then for about 2-3 second monitor turns black snd then again XP screen comes last for 3-4 second . then my log-in screen comes .

I also did defragment , but it is somewhat slow now . so what I should do ?and why it had happened ? all I can say that after the improper shutdown the boot-up time has incresed 10 seconds . can any techie here enlight me with some knowledge ?

2. QwertyManiac

QwertyManiac Commander in Chief

Try closing some unwanted services apart from startups... I too was experiencing that and I closed loads of unwantedies and now boot time is 6 secs (1 scroll of boot screen) and shut is in 3 secs. :)

U can read what i wrote about major unwanted services here

3. OP
    OP
    hellomotto

hellomotto Banned

I did that but it is still slow.......................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.