1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Slow Downloading Speed

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by rajnie, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajnie

rajnie New Member

i have a Sify connection. lately my downloading speed has ridiculously dropped down to 3kbps, while it should be around 30kbps. i've scanned for spyware and even reinstalled Win XP with Sp2.
    Can anyone help me?

2. susk21

susk21 New Member

Please contact your ISP!!
    Its from his side.

3. domin8r

domin8r New Member

Does'nt SP2 by default enable the internet connection firewall? Check to see if your connection is indeed firewalled, and if not, maybe the problem does lie with your ISP. It could also be due to bad wiring connections. Plus, are you using any p2p apps. to download files? It could be that your ports are blocked and the p2p apps. are'nt able to run at max speed.

4. OP
    OP
    rajnie

rajnie New Member

I've called sify people and they sent me an engineer. he tried the connection on my laptop. The downloading speed is fine on my lap top, but slow on my desktop. thank you guys.

5. contact sify don't waste ur money dude

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.