SLI or not??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
Hi,
I am looking to get a new system.... I was wondering whether to get a Nforce 4 SLI mobo...instead of a nf4 ultra one, and compromising on getting a A64 3000+ instead of A64 3200+....
i m buying a 660GT right now.... and in the future i might add another gfx card and get a performance boost, without the need to upgrade teh rest of my system! Any suggestions wud be welcome
thnks

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Well there are plenty of things to consider. First the SLI with 2 6600GT's does not give a better performance than a single 6800GT. nforce4 ultra mobo's are much better as compared to an SLI mobo. My suggestion...stick to a nforce 4 ultra, go for a A64 3000 and get a 6800GT ;) or stick to your original combo and later on just get a 6800GT.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
a normal 6800 will out perform the 6600GT. However 2 6600GT's running in SLi mode does not outperform a 6800GT. If you can get a 6800 plain from BFG I can personally vouch for it. It will be better than a 6600GT.

OP
R

Ringwraith

Journeyman
thanks for the advice!
i think ill go with my original specs and upgrade to 6800 GT/next gen cards in the future....the 6800NU didnt seem to give much better results thn 6600GT in teh benchmarks i saw, specially since i m buying a PCI-E mobo

godzi_85

In the zone
hmm ya the 6800 plain is as good if not better than the a 6600gt. and pls i dont think the pci-e ersion is available here in india....
to sli or not to sli is a personal question... a single 6800 gt can take everything thrown at it at high settings... so taking 2 of them would be an overkill..
but taking two 6600 gt`s would match up to the performance of a single 6800 gt... and at the same price.. but you to keep in mind the games supported by Sli are limited :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom