Singh Is King.....Manmohan Wins Trust Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Verdict is In
Ayes (yes) 275
Noes (no) 256
Abstain 10

This is indeed a victory for the Congress and more importantly Manmohan Singh, who has been backing the Nuclear Deal right through its inception. Credit also goes to Amar Singh, whose Samajwadi Party rescued the government when the UPA-Left alliance failed.
Indeed, Singh is King :D
Your Take?

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Great he won!

I hope this Nuclear Deal takes India to great Levels. Manmohan Singh's Economic Reforms in 1991 had great impact in sucess of India and i hope same goes for this :)

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
The drama that happened in the past two days is utter disgusting.
The respect for the politicians has reached a new low for me.

narangz

Web developer
Congratulations to Mr. Manmohan Singh. :)

Waiting for some extraordinary decisions after getting rid of those communists :x

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Huh .. This wasnt the big deal .. The bigger deal is to see how long this govt survive .. I welcome the ouster of Leftists from the govt (I know for fact that banking reforms are in pipeline :yay: ) so no more arm twisting .. But how far SMS can take us with this fractured government ..?

praka123

left this forum longback
atleast ,we are saved from another election! yeah ,without the commies ,I hope congress will take some bold decisions :)

narangz

Web developer
Huh .. This wasnt the big deal .. The bigger deal is to see how long this govt survive .. I welcome the ouster of Leftists from the govt (I know for fact that banking reforms are in pipeline :yay: ) so no more arm twisting .. But how far SMS can take us with this fractured government ..?

I completely agree & hope to see some reforms. No one can doubt the economic reforms capability of S. Manmohan Singh (if only he is allowed!!!)

atleast ,we are saved from another election! yeah ,without the commies ,I hope congress will take some bold decisions :)

+1. We are saved from the economic burden.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Black day in the history of indian democracy.
And third cheat of Mulayam sigh with Left.
Now I think our foreign policy will be decided by BUSH- Beat Up Saddam Hussain.:x
Shamefull day................

OP
thewisecrab
I would say this its a great time for some reforms
I heard that the Manmohan Singh Govt. had many reforms lined up which were turned down by the left :mad:
Also we have about 1-2 sessions left in parliament which is enough time to bring these reforms into place without worrying about the left anymore :cool:
Hopefully a bright future (read: another 10 months) for India :)

@Pathik
Both are Kings :))

Now they can happily sign the deal, but at the same time, Manmohan Singh needs to ensure that the deal is not something on which India becomes over dependant. We need to use the time saved due to not having to worry about power cuts and pollution to develop a way to enrich with local materials and use our own desi Thorium, because half the world's thorium is present in India.

OP
thewisecrab
Yeah,the "CREDIT" indeed goes to(or from?) Amar SIngh.
Or does the credit goes to Ashok Argal +2?

As you already may be knowing,
10 abstainees brought the required no. for a majority down to 262 from 271
So, those two seats (considering the no. of abstainees) would not have effected the final vote by much.
Had the SP not given support, the UPA would have fallen short by 30 seats due to which they would have been staring at elections in December:p

The only -ve point here is that this government has now got only till May to step up in bringing about reforms:(

@MetalHead
Couldnt agree with you more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom