SimpleMP : The Simplest music player ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, this looks more like a college project of some student, but still extremely nicely done.

SimpleMP, as the name suggests is a very simple music player, which can play ogg, wav, mp3, or wma. All are supported. Now usually we all have decoders in Windows installed anyway, other then ogg for which we have kodac packs. So far it looks like it is using the inbuild WMP engine or DirectSound engine inside

It is based on the most basic requirments of a music player out there. A player, equilizer & Playlist, foobar excels in this segment too however foobar requirs coding & configuration to make it something good looking & functional

SimpleMP doesn't requirs installation, though u can install if u like which will associate files with it, or u can simply download the zip files

It works fine with vista. A really simple replacement for WMP11/iTunes/Yahoo Music engine or even Winamp if just playing music, it sits in the system tray unnoticed. More features will be added as the player progresses

Homepage
Screenshot

You can download the Installer or the zip file. Just 1.4MB

*img266.imageshack.us/img266/9741/simplempcu5.th.jpg

*img328.imageshack.us/img328/8922/playlistrk0.th.png

download

Last edited:

47shailesh

Security Exp
Dude have you tried Billy it's the most basic mp3 player with size only 300kb.. and it too does'nt require any installation...
enjoy
*www.sheepfriends.com/?page=billy

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Billy is good, but playes only mp3 & there are no GUI controls which are easier then a menubar. They are both good in their own fields

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
SimpleMP only supports Wav, mp3, ogg & wma.

i just mailed the auther giving some feedback on the UI & one bug i found. It doesn't shows the Album name in the media player Window

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
@ gx_saurav

It shows friend. Just take a look here

*img261.imageshack.us/img261/6459/simplempsu1.jpg

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@ n2casey

Are u using tagged mp3? I use properly tagged wma, tagged via internet with album name artist name etc. However it doesn't shows them

you are also adviced to provide the feedback to the auther. I gave another feedback today regarding album art & volume normalisation

n2casey

^^
U r right, it doesn't show album title in media player for WMA but shows for tagged mp3.

*img267.imageshack.us/img267/898/untitled4gb.jpg

Last edited:
i dont think they r too simple ......
the simplest should contain.....
play , pause , stop , nest , forward button
and the name of the song playin..........just so simple .
wish i could get that

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I just got a reply mail from the auther. He said the WMP files did not had tag for album info, it's not a bug, I have mailed him replying that it is indeed a bug, cos album info is shown in WMP11 properly

Lets see, he is interested in Vista like UI, so i have asked what buttons he needs. He was impressed by this forum, i linked this post to him

Last edited:

n2casey

I have found one more bug in SimpleMP.

I applied these settings (see screenshot) & closed SimpleMP.

*img213.imageshack.us/img213/1308/first1lo.th.jpg

Again started SimpleMP & changed the settings (screenshot) & pressed OK.

*img213.imageshack.us/img213/2559/second9ls.th.jpg

Now if SimpleMP is minimized then it is neither visible in taskbar nor in system tray.

I have informed the author about it & received a reply mail from him. He told me that he will improve SimpleMP very soon.
Anyway, I liked SimpleMP very much coz of its small size, simple GUI & equalizer feature.

rajasekharan

Youngling
Whats the mem usage ? Foobar was the best for me 35mb or so ,i guess . And is my fav too. But i am interested in this too cause of its small size. :).

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
What ?? 35 Mb ..?? Man something is seriously wrong with your settings .. Here it consumes around 2 ~ 4 Mb ...
I cant understand why will people need anything else than Foobar .. :p .. anyway I aint gonna start a fanwar here ..

:whistle: ... . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom