Sify Data Transfer=DL+UL??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

afonofa

Journeyman
But with MTNL/BSNL data transfer limit is restricted to only the downloaded data, upload is free. I think thats what ratedrsuperstar is asking. btw I don't know whether sify considers uploaded data as part of the data transfer limit.

adi007

Youngling
But with MTNL/BSNL data transfer limit is restricted to only the downloaded data, upload is free. I think thats what ratedrsuperstar is asking. btw I don't know whether sify considers uploaded data as part of the data transfer limit.

haha what a joke
bsnl too counts both as data transfer

afonofa

Journeyman
Eg.-

In MTNL/BSNL if you have 1000MB monthly data download limit(beyond which you have to pay for every MB downloaded) and you download 300MB while uploading ~50MB, then you will be left with

1000-300 = 700MB of free data download and not 1000-(300+50) = 650MB.

Thats what I was referring to and I believe the OP too was referring to the same by,
ratedrsuperstar said:
is the data transfer limit of sify based on Upload + download or download only

adi007

Youngling
No no
we will be left with 650 MB dear..
There will be separate column for download and upload and the total is considered...
I know this very well coz i am in BSNL :p

afonofa

Journeyman
Thats new from BSNL and it just dropped on my list of best ISP's :mad:. I haven't checked my usage for last month as I was well within limits. Now I'm really hoping MTNL still counts only the downloaded data. If MTNL doesn't then I'll be getting a huge bill this month...I uploaded 2GB into my email thinking I'll only be using up ~300MB! :shock:

Update: I checked. MTNL still counts only the downloaded data as part of the free data transfer limit. :D

Last edited:
OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
thnx guyz gotta be careful from now on.

but i dled a app called sify guard which logs off my sify account after 150mb of data download between 8am-10pm.

i'm still a little confused but it'll be better if i try it myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom