Sify broadband problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikhar

Journeyman
I got a broadband connection (unlimited hours) on 22nd December. It has a problem that after every 29 - 30 minutes the speed drops. I have no option rather than to log off and log in again. But when I click on logoff an error message comes stating , "Log Off failure. Invalid session." I have Zone Alarm system suite 5.5.0062 and Windows XP Home Edition.

ujjwal

Padawan
The problem comes due to your firewall (actually the problem comes because these dastardly sify ppl didn't thing people would use firewalls)

Basically sify uses "heartbeating" to check if a user is online, and the firewall blocks the heartbeat request.

You can probably call up customer care (if they ever pick up the phone) and disable heartbeating (not sure)

Anyway, for more info, check out this forum :)

*forum.seo4india.com/Sify_Broadband-f21.html

mR_iNDIA

Right off the assembly line
Hey buddy nothing is wrog with your system.
It was some of their technical fault.
Now sify connections r working fine.
I m using Sify BB.

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
I also faced the same problem a week ago, while downloading RHEL kernel from kernel.org. It was sify's fault. I think it is now solved.

OP
S

Shikhar

Journeyman
Hey guys, I don't know why , sometimes when I try to connect to net an error message comes saying "Unable to connect BB101 error."

And one day an error message saying " IP conflict error" came up. I don't know why that happened as I have configured the settings correctly.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
Shikhar said:
Hey guys, I don't know why , sometimes when I try to connect to net an error message comes saying "Unable to connect BB101 error."

And one day an error message saying " IP conflict error" came up. I don't know why that happened as I have configured the settings correctly.

well the you get the first error when the BB Client cannotlog in to the sify server

well since you get the IP CONFLICT error
i think tht all your errors i.e slow speed the unable to connect error
is connected with this IP CONFLICT error
well to rule out this IP CONFLICT error you will have to call your CTO i.e the one who is providing SIFY to u
call up your CTO and tell him thay you want your SIFY IP ADDRESS he will tell you the address or he him self may come to your house to change the ip address
well all i wanna say is tht your IP address is not configured properly

well here is what u have to do to change the IP
go to control panel>>> network connections>>>
right clickon the LAN connection icon
on general tab scroll down to TCP IP
click it once and click on properties
you get the dialog below
*img52.exs.cx/img52/9852/tcpdialog1uf.jpg

in here the IP address(1st one ) has to be changed
you get this IP CONFLICT error when the same IP is being used by someone else

OP
S

Shikhar

Journeyman
Thanks for providing the information. I checked up everything, its configured properly. This error comes sometimes only. I have noted that if I shutdown the PC and after sometime turn it on and then try to connect to net no problem occurs. It does not work if I just restart the PC.

magnet

Youngling
well ip conflict appeears becoz someone else is logged with your ip...u need to inform your bb provider about this.....

raj14

In Deniel
There can be two reasons for this problem; 1. Your Pc is infected by W.32 blaster worm@mn. use anti virus software such as Mcafee Stinger or Quick heal to remove the bug. 2. You use too much bandwidth, In a shared connection like 32Kbps, 48Kbps if u cross a limit of 75MBs in one day, speed is reduced and you're account is Shutdowned for couple of hours! Nothing you can do here buddy. PS: a internet connection, which is lower than 128Kbps(16KBps), is called High Speed Internet NOT BROADBAND n00b!

ujjwal

Padawan
Technically, sify cable connections are NOT unlimited. You have to authenticate to their SAM server to connect, so you are not connected to the internet 24x7

BTW, better tell your local cable provider about the IP conflict ...

ujjwal

Padawan
Yes, its certainly there. After downloading 75MB, your speed is capped to 24 kbps, on all sify shared connections.

raj14

In Deniel
Yes indeed there is! but 'sify' customer care/excutives will never tell you; And if you happen to ASK customer care the following things will happen: 1. You will get a very cumbersome and lame answer like: 'Sir, the line in being repared' or 'Sorry, sir i am not able to understand you problem! CLICK! 2. Afterthat you will notice that you net speeds are Quite nice compared to other days, But this will last only for 6-14 days! after that the same OLD story! You should take the 256k Package like i have its great! BTW i can give u some tips on how to save your Bandwidth. Ciao

raj14

In Deniel
ujjwal said:
Yes, its certainly there. After downloading 75MB, your speed is capped to 24 kBps, on all shared connections.
dude, do u mean that ALL the shared connections in india who exceed 75MB limit Is Capped down to 24kBps? Thats about 194Kbps!

OP
S

Shikhar

Journeyman
Thanks for the reply. ''Professional'' team of sify said that you cannot get connected all the time if you disable Heartbeat. The problem is all becoz of that Heartbeat. There is a program named Hbsbeat.exe in the sifybroadband folder that receives the packet. I opened the firewall (zonealarm). Opened program control clicked on the program tab, found a program Hbsbeat.exe (guessed it , hearbeat and Hbsbeat sound similar, aren't they??) Configured to 'allow all'. Hope the problem gets fixed. :D
I have asked them to re enable the heartbeat thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom