Side cover for Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hi guys, im facing a problem with my cabinet, if side cover is closed then my CPU fan reves up, cause of heat build up and also it doesnt have a side fan, so i usually keep it open. i was wondering if spare sidecovers for cabinet are available? have u seen such covers???? i dont want to change my cabinet cause of this as it is very good except for the sidecover :( . if it is not available i plan to purchase a fan and dril a hole in the side and fix the fan.

what do u tell ???? any other plans????

charan

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I have never seen a side cover sold seperately. mybe in second hand shop. But even then, finding the one that has the same locking mechanism will be tough. If u can't find a spare cover, better get a hole drilled at strategic places and fix one or two fans yourself.
Get a fan hole drilled directly outside your video card and your cpu for spot cooling. Add a few ventillation holes at the top and bottom. If possible, you can drill a blow hole at the place where you have the hard disk, or just add a hdd fan.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
thanks sriusb, ill search in the market, but i think drilling holes is a better option :) . hav to find a good machine shop. and what about the fan size ?????

mangemayur

Journeyman
a 120mm (4inch) fan will solve yr problem. its also sold as the cabinet Fan... should not cost more than 100 bucks

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Charangk,buddy as a simple advice (my opinion) i think tat opening ur cabinet (from one side) and working on ur PC will be much more better than drilling a hole and putting an extra 120 mm fan on the side..

Coz by opening the side cabinet, much more cooler air will circulate in ur system (CPU) making it work better..well this is wat i also do with my cabi... :wink:

Neways no hard feelings jus an advice....

Cheers n e-peace...

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@ ashu888ashu888 :D no hard feelings for me. i prefer to keep my cabinet open. Why im doing this is because of my parents , they say im ruining my computer

he he he

h_kunte

Journeyman
@charangk

Ya when u keep the side cover open, u not only let in cool air, but also a lot of dust. Although it may not be visible at first, but in the long run the dust will settle everywhere inside the cabinet...On the components, on the fan, on the disks, & shall hamper the functioning of the PC....

So IMHO, it wud be better to drill a hole & insert a 120 mm fan...

HK

mangemayur

Journeyman
charangk.. u r not the only one who gets hearing from parents when u keep the cabinet open.... :)

i used to do the same with my old pc... and used to hear the same... :)

h_kunte... u r correct... when u keep the cabinet open... the heat that our processor, PSU and other... generates attract lot of dust.. (carbon particles)

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@mangemayur i think we are in the same legue :D. what do parents understand what we go through to keep our pc to top form

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
mangemayur said:
the heat that our processor, PSU and other... generates attract lot of dust.. (carbon particles)
Carbon particles? Can you explain?

ashu888ashu888 said:
Charangk,buddy as a simple advice (my opinion) i think tat opening ur cabinet (from one side) and working on ur PC will be much more better than drilling a hole and putting an extra 120 mm fan on the side..

Coz by opening the side cabinet, much more cooler air will circulate in ur system (CPU) making it work better..well this is wat i also do with my cabi...
I used to experience the same too with my old cabinet which had no side fan. But now with my new cabinet, things are reverse. If I keep my cabinet open, the temps rise. Mine is not perfect, but it works. With proper ventillation arrangement, you can push the temps very low indeed.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
thanks ashnik, BTW i live in bangalore so there is only little problem during winter and rainy, only in summer its a BIG problem. i also switch on the fan at full speed :D MAXIUM airflow :lol:

mangemayur

Journeyman
@siriusb have u seen the TV which is open... the black powder u see near to TV tube and the other near by area are the carbon particles....

they get attracted towards the heat and the high electricity.... the same we have in the PC but comparitively low as compare to TV... but still good enough to attract the carbon partilces ( we get lot of them in the smoke ... poulution s*** man)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom