sick of samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansraj

In the zone
guys u all will laugh at my plight... i have 2 samsung drives, one DVD rom and another DVD writer. The ROM fails to close and finally closes after 10-12 attempts with me hitting on it with the available things around. So my writer decided to be unlike his brother(or may be sister) and it has started to remain closed even when i want the tray to be open.
so now i have two drives out of which one doesnt open and other keeps opening.
no virus intrusion .... already checked..
can anyone help me with this

busyanuj

In the zone
before everyone recommends you to trash samsung and opt for some other manufacturers' drives, why not do a simple thing? take them to the service centre and get them fixed. that should do it.

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
i took it to the service center.. the one which keeps opening... the guy did something to it for about a week .. after 10 days the drive was in its old condition again... i took it again ... and the same thing happened... the prob is every visit he charges 150 and very soon i will end up money to buy a new ROM itself

DukeNukem

Come get Some
its a PJ
APNE COMP. KI KUNDALI KISI ACHE SE JYOTISHI KO DIKHAO, VASTU VISIT KARAO, FENG SUI KARAO, COMP. KI KAAL SARP PUJA KARAO

DUSARA TARIKA

SWAP THE DRIVES POSITIONS

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Hehehe..very funny Hansraj. The problem is related to the improper motor action due to jammed gears and pulleys. Just clean them thoroughly but take care not to damage the lens. Lubricate the moving areas of slider and motor too. That should solve the problem.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
That's nothing new with Samsung drives and you aren't the first person to face it.
After a year of smooth operation, the Samsung drive will either have problems with the tray or with the lens.
So, be careful before buying Samsung products in the future.
Well I don't know if anything can be done of the current drives. I decide to dump my Samsung combo drive inside my drawer, where it is RIP, and buy a new DVD writer. No point in wasting any money over something like Samsung.

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
theres a small hole in the drive, shove a needle into it to force the tray to come out...after that restart the computer with the tray open, everything should work fine...

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
samsung roms are born with this problem .... i too had the same problem with my drives .... and i started keeping an unfolded paper clip in side the drive till i got away with both of them for sony

kirtan

Journeyman
I too am having some problems with these samsung drives.my dvd writer is very patient while writing cd's and dvd's.It takes all the time in the world to write the data.Swear that i will never again buy a samsung product.

blademast3r

In the zone
If its within the warranty period then they will replace it jus as they did to my drive with same problem a few months ago..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Me too have a SamSung DVD ROM SD616E... which i bought when digit gave a DVD buying offer with Samsung to push its DVDs...

this drive is also very crepy with Tray... Ghostly Tray :p ... it has its own mind of opening and closing... some time non stop...

executioner

Journeyman
well i had also the same problem.my samsung drive would not close.if i pushed the button it would close for a few seconds and would come out.I used to tape my drive with a cellotape so that it would not open.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif.u can try that or throw it out of u'r window cause it can't be fixed.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif.That's what i did.

shashank4u

Youngling
the samsung ROMS AND DVDROMS AND WRITERS are crap..never buy them.
many of my friends are facing the similar problems..

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
so the above 15 threads suggest that there is some serious design flaw with samsung... and the conclusion is DONT EVER GO FOR SAMSUNG DRIVE...even if it is free...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom