shut down timing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahendran

Journeyman
hi friends,

what should be the ideal time for shutting down win xp.i feel it takes much more time in shutting down after up grading to win xp sp2.what r the factors inluencing the shut down speed?

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
hmm....
factors that depend on shutdown is the number of process running in the memory... 'casue the OS needs to close them one by one to procced to shut down the system!! the more processes running the more delay.

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

digen

Youngling
Also some programs not responding can cause a delayed shutdown.But you can always execute "end task".

suhas_sm

Journeyman
Re: shuting down time

mahendran said:
my pc takes about 45 seconds for shut down?how to reduce this time?
:shock: which os u have ??? u might be having a real scrambled pc it seems!
use softwares that optimizes OS such as system mechanic or something. kepp them free from spywares n adwares n viruses too.

theraven

Technomancer
shutdown time depends on a lot of things ...

cpu usage ... np. of programs runnin ... etc
also it keeps increasing as u use ur system ...
also dependent on disk fragmentation

also windows waits a certain time to allow apps and services to shutdown automatically
use THIS tweak to lessen it .. (win xp)

there is also something like waiting to flush the virtual memory or somethign
i forgot the reg tweak but there are software available to do this ..

check the following links .. it'll help u shut windows down faster
however i must warn u ... it is not recommended to use these software as it disables flushin of virtual memory .. which isnt recommended either
but it does its job well

*www.webmasterfree.com/2004/0528.html <=== a utility called super fast shutdown ... try it out
*www.nonags.com/nonags/shutd.html <=== some more useful software with description

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom