Shud it be sp1 or sp2

Should I go for WinXp SP2 or stay with SP1

• Windows XP SP1 Professional

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dosn't matter, any of them, wont make difference.

• Depends on my demands.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Hi
long time back I was forced to delete Windows XP Prof. Sp2 from my system due to excess degrade in system's performance including speed.

I had my discussion here n they said to wait for some time so microsoft updates their version of SP2. Then twud be better to install sp2.

Now its time for a change, im thinking to update my system to Win XP SP2. Is it worth doing so.

SHOULD I INSTALL WIN XP SP2 ON SP1 WHEN IM ALREADY RUNNING WINDOWS 98SE AND WIN 2000 PROFESSIONAL.

My system is,
Intel P4 1.8 Ghz on Intel 845GL Chipset,
256MB DDr-RAM,
40GB Hdd.

Plz help wit ur suggestions. thank you. Happy New Year.

naveenchandran

In the zone
It is better to go for SP2

Lot of improvements and also a bit :wink: resistant to worms, spywares, viruses...........

It gains more stability......... :roll:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Again totally depends on the need . As for me i have uninstalled windows Service pack 2 and depending upon Service pack 1 ...ZoneAlarm and Panda Titanium Antivir .
If you don't play with software's ...i mean dont install much softwares or test them often Service pack 2 is ok for you.....But for people like me who needs to test each and every software available down the sun Service pack 1 is the best..
But going without service pack 1 is stupid as basic tings like USB 2.0 is not supported if it isn't service pack 1 patched.
But i think service pack 1 for tech people is enough....for other who don't have enough knowdlege of computer or For that the people who have strong knowdlege of computers and are able to handle All the erros service pack 2 gives considering the compatibility issues then service pack 2 is for them..

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
i use no service pack :roll: s . i dont need any. My sys is rarely infected by viruses or spywares :twisted: . but i regularly chk my sys(in a month) for viruses and spywares. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom