Should i switch to Firefox 2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajivrocks

Broken In
i am using firefox 1.5.0.9:) should i switch to firefox 2??
please tell me why they are not updating my current version to firefox 2 instead providing me with a new version
and one more querry i have a installed some extensions can i back up them....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
in one short word..

Yup...

the question would have to be asked, why r u waiting... 2.0 is very stable... and people r now thinking of Installing the Alfa 3.0...

so u should switched to 2.0 right away...

i have a installed some extensions can i back up them..

all most all extensions have support for 2.0... it should be any problem unless a extension is discontinued...

OP
rajivrocks

rajivrocks

Broken In
thnx buddy:) i'm downloadin it will install it today itself
anywayz u have not answer this question-why they are not updating my current version to firefox 2 instead providing me with a new version???????

Aberforth

The Internationalist
After you upgrade 1.5 to v2.0.0.X it will automatically search for upgrades to your extensions. But if they aren't compatible with 2.0, they won't be installed and would be shaded out. Some of the extensions you don't find will be ones you don't need like say, Session Saver (It's inbuilt now) and spellcheck. The new skin is planets better than the old one. :)

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
rajivrocks said:
No!Many ppl including mer facing Memory leak problem in this version. :mad: Sometimes it takes so much memory and keep increasing it :(
So I'll advise u to keep using the 1.5 version or if u really want 2.0, then try it and if u face the problem, then revert back to 1.5 ;)

rajivrocks said:
please tell me why they are not updating my current version to firefox 2 instead providing me with a new version
1.5 series differs from 2.0 series. So they'll never ask u to upgrade to 2.0 :D

rajivrocks said:
Just open Extensions window and right-click on a extension and select "Visit Homepage" and then d/l the extension setup from the site :)

Third Eye

gooby pls
rajivrocks said:

It is damn sl:mad:w(hogs memory) but yet it is fast :D so try it :)

Also try Opera,The great granddaddy of all browsers..

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Vishal

with a PC as Config Cel 1.7 and 256MB SD RAM and windows XP SP2... Connection of TATA CDMA 144 Kbps...

FF 2.0 and 1.5 both runs quite a same... i really didnt notice any difference of performance whats so ever...

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I hv 512 MB RAM but sometimes firefox behaves sluggish, sometimes it takes more than 100MB RAM :confused:
and its not only me but many ppl r facing this problem :)

T

thunderbird.117

I suggest you to wait for firefox 3.

It is not the fault of firefox. It is the problem with bad extension. I never faced any problem with firefox.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
rajivrocks

rajivrocks

Broken In
thnx everybody for ur replies n suggestion:))
i've downloaded firefox 2 but one of my frnds told me it will eat my memory as i have 256MB RAM only:(
will love to try it....right now busy removin spywares frm my pc.....

eddie

El mooooo
rajivrocks said:
Because you are not the only user who is using version 1.5 and this is not how major companies develop their software. There are many users who do not WANT to move to the latest version just yet. Look at any other software company, for example Microsoft. Microsoft supports their old versions till a particular time and then stop the support at a particular date. They don't force you to upgrade as soon as they launch a new version of Windows. Similarly, Mozilla has planned to support Firefox 1.5 till April 24 this year by providing stability and security updates. After that either you will be asked to do a manual upgrade or your installation will be automatically upgraded.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
rajivrocks said:

Well , for the first question : YES

The reason u don't get to update v1.5 to v2 is that the later uses a totally new engine as compared to the former ..

Also , i too had initial thoughts about shifting to v2.0 due to various compatibility issues with the extensions ,, and now with all that fixed i really enjoy v2.0.0.1 now ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom