Should i really go for Broadband????

Status
Not open for further replies.

q3_abhi

Youngling
I have a Dial up Connection with 28.8 KBps modem.

I browse forum, download files upto 10 MB at the most.

My father primarily checks his mail n do browse net.

So i tell me should i go for the Broadband???

Will i get those downloading speeds as mentioned????

Will it really help me????

hack expert

In the zone
well it totally depends upon u if u are satisfied with ur connection n there is no much use then it`s ok

but i suggestdat u can opt for faster connections which are better than modem`s also broadband connection prices have reduced recently
better than paying phone bill`s

well final decesion is upto u

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
At least you can shift for a 56KBps Internal Modem. That would be a better idea if you are satisfied with your current connection.

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
I suggest u go for broadband. if u r be paying rs 200-300 a month behind phone bills for internet usage, then u can easily go for the BSNL home 250 plan. u ll get 256 kbps speed, a significant increase from ur present speed. since u r not a heavy surfer, the bandwith limit of 400 mb of this package will just suffice.

blacklight

Journeyman
Go for a broadband dude..since u just browse and dont do much downloadin , the bsnl 250 plan wuld be fine ...it has a upload + download limit of 400mb which wuld b more than enuf 4 u...maybe this culd even reduce ur phone bils

expertno.1

Technomancer
are yaar why not to use GRPS...unlimited downlaod and time @99/month

but as u have asked to take the broadband or not

then i would suggest you to go with the broaddy

and use some downlaod monitor softwares also

make a routine that today max downlaod is 30 mb or like that

and go for it

coz its only @250

cyrux

In the zone
Man ..how can so many people say 400 Mb is more than enough. It wont be enough at all. 1hr browsing on this forum takes away atleast 15 Mb. I am HOME 500 user and the 1 Gb limit seems to be toooo much . I have stopeed downlaoding any thing and browse websites with all pictures off

400 Mb is a big slap on the face of bradband....YOu dare call it a broad band

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I don`t you should go for broadband and waste money.I just removed my tata indicom broadband.It a total waste.

escape7

What? Where? How?
NO...broadband is something else...also its all up to you, your needs, u say u download only 10 mb a month, thats not much...but switching over has its advantages

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Broadband works on a phone line????

Without going into too much details, yes. Broadband primarily here is either phoneline or cable technology, which means that your home phone landline provider or your cable network operator can supply you with a broadband connection. Usually, phone line broadband is ADSL and cable broadband is via DOCSIS. Check with your phone service provider and your cable operator for more information on the services they provide. If you have a BSNL/Airtel landline, you can go in for their ADSL lines, which is pretty good for your requirements and isn't that costly. All you would need is an ADSL modem/router and then plug your telephone jack into it (provided you have applied for and got your ADSL line sanctioned by your service provider) and plug the modem/router to your PC's Ethernet port and set it up.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Yes, they do. It was TouchTel before Airtel took over their operations. I think you can call them at 511-12345 for more information on the same, but I think they have a decent amount of plans. In case you have an existing BSNL landline, you can go in for their DataOne plans. If you are looking at pure downloads only, either switch to an unlimited cable operator plan or the 999 per month plan from Airtel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom