Should I purchase a joystick or a gamepad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
Guys, I want to purchase either a joystick or a gamepad. Since frontech is locally available, here are their two products :-

Joystick :-

*www.frontechonline.com/gaming.php?atype=gamingdevice&&model=Josh Stick USB&&jilcode=1737

Gamepad :-

*www.frontechonline.com/gaming.php?atype=gamingdevice&&model=Fantasy Pad USB&&jilcode=1736

P.S. I play all types of games!

Official Techie

In the zone
I would suggest you to buy a game pad because it would be very easy for you to play hands like fighting genre and also those racing see if game pads were not good would playstation x box all include hand pad with them they are very good to play unless you like sims soccer need for speed smackdown you can easily play these games i think this much description would be enough to persuade you for buying a gamepad but if you only play fligt simulator i would suggest you a joystick

Orionz

Nebula was here,15 yrs back
I suggest Gamepad.it will play all your games with pleasure of console playing.[fighting,racing,advanture, all] joysticks are now outdated n they are mostly used in simulator type games.

GO FOR GAMEPAD

xbonez

NP : Crysis
out of joystick and gamepad, gamepad would definitely be a better option. however, be sure you'll be able to use one. i rcently bought myself a gamepad but just couldn't use it coz i was so used to a keyboard. its just lying in a corner gathering dust :(

Possible

Custom User Title
I had that Joystick you have linked above, it totally sucked even for Flight Simulators. NEVER go for Frontech, NEVER.

prashantisonline

Super Natural
Official Techie said:
I would suggest you to buy a game pad because it would be very easy for you to play hands like fighting genre and also those racing see if game pads were not good would playstation x box all include hand pad with them they are very good to play unless you like sims soccer need for speed smackdown you can easily play these games i think this much description would be enough to persuade you for buying a gamepad but if you only play fligt simulator i would suggest you a joystick

Thanks guys.... I was also seeking an answer to this question :)

Last edited:

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
Go for gamepad u can play most games i recently buyied logitech cordless rumble pad 2 and its rocking

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
GamePad ofcourse....

(But if you are a racing game fan, buy a steering wheel :D)

Buy one from Microsoft..its costly but quality is good.

satyamy

Alive Again...
whtever u buy
afert buying pls let me know the price of that product
one of my frnd also interested in this

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
hey better go 4 gamepad i have 1 played NFS MW & Carbon..........really its easy 2 play with gamepad instead of joystick..........also easy 2 drift in carbon while very tough with keypad.....

satanlives

Journeyman
dude dont buy frontech theyer absolutely horrible..
my analog stick broke right after my warranty expired :p
look for a good gamepad wich looks like a ps2 controller..
or go for the logitech ones..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Go in for a gamepad as Joystick would hardly have much games compatibility except for,like others said,flight simulators.Some of the games are distinctly enjoyed on a gamepad only.If you try to install POP:WW it specifically comes up with a message saying "This game is best played on a controller" or something like that.Now-a-days many games are getting more comfortable to be played around with the controller,spare for FPS which I think is best left on mouse+keyboard combo.Frontech is a relatively cheap brand.The keys wont sustaina longer life & hence would be rendered unresponsive after prolonged usage.

Go in for either the Logitech or the very recent Xbox 360 controller.The former would cost you anywhere between Rs.1,200 to Rs.2,000 & the latter would be around Rs.2,200.Make a choice according to your game preference.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
whatever u do dont buy frontech its like the worst company ever
i bought 3 frontech headsets it got broken in 2,4,5 days
i sparingly used it

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Buy This
*www.brianshih.com/wp-content/images/alphagrip1.jpg
Microsoft Sidewinder Pro Gamepad

Get this is you can and should

Last edited: