Should I opt for Intel® Desktop Board DG965WH or ASUS P5B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
I am really confused about the mobo to go for. It's like DG965WH has onboard graphics, so even if something happens to my pci-e graphics card, I will have some sort of display! ASUS P5B has no onboard graphics, but it supports quad-core!!! What do you suggest?

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
For Gaming and Overclocking go with ASUS

For Stable and best performance but No Overclocking go with Intel

Ankit

Journeyman
quad core support is not gona give u any advantage as by the time u want to upgrade to a quad core processor ur mb will be obsolete in other aspects

Ch@0s

In the zone
sam9s said:
OCing, Gaming ASUS rules or even a DS3. A question for others ASUS P5B supports quad core?????? Does it I doubt.

All flavours p5b mobos support quadcore with a simple bios update.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Ankit said:
quad core support is not gona give u any advantage as by the time u want to upgrade to a quad core processor ur mb will be obsolete in other aspects
Thats like, a year and a half later. When DDR3 launches with Yorkfield. Till Kentsfield exists, the mobo will remain the same. And FYI, Quad is already out and running in a few many systems worldwide.

jasku

In the zone
Hello Soumya,

The Asus P5B is a better more performance oriented board, I would recommend it over the Intel 965.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
soumya said:
tat's another question....mayb i will import it!!LOL!

just to confirm ... the board is available in Kolkata... though i found the price in higher side... Rs. 7700 + TAX ... and the funny thing was E6600 wasnt available when asking for it in the same shop... lol...

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Intel mobo r very stable and pretty gud..but when u compare it with asus p5b then any day p5b wud b my choice..far better performer.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Simple suggestion... Just dont think anymore..get Asus P5B ...
You get boast full of performance, as well at decent prize.
Not having onboard GPU is secondary thing...but when you have PCI-ex GPU then why worry about that... It would be totally Lame thing to do, if you went for Intel...

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
saurav_cheeta said:
just to confirm ... the board is available in Kolkata... though i found the price in higher side... Rs. 7700 + TAX ... and the funny thing was E6600 wasnt available when asking for it in the same shop... lol...

Interesting. TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE. International price 100$ and add 30$ for shipping. It is still cheap compared to INDIA. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom