Should i go for relience BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Hi friends, I am facing a confusion!
I have applied for BSNL BB 3months before and every week i go to the office and they say sir next week for sure!And also add Bangalore telecoms is the best and also not ready to take bribe and give the connection and says "We don't take bribe"(They took 400 rs bribe to give my telephone connection without it they were telling there was leakage in wire and its rainy season and the day i paid 400 bucks the very next day i got the connection) :lol:
Ok now we don't have reliance bb near my room.. Incendently i met a reliance agent yesterday who gave connection to a cybercafe near by my home.He showed me his plan.
Initial :Rs 500
Monthly postpaid.
999Rs 300kbps unlimited.And no extra charge.
Its relience WiMax!
Now as the initial charge is only 500 and i need internet very urgent so i thought to take relience and when bsnl gives me connection i shall disconnect it.
Now i told my plan to one of my friend and he told relience cant give at such price.. there should be some hidden charge or some agreement or bad service!
What do u say.?Do you know any of such plan and if yes is there any hidden chrarges!
Is relience 300Kbps worth.. How much download speed they give?And do they have any restriction over any sites?
Please suggest me! :)

appu

Knowledge Nomad
i havent heard of any new plans of reliance and that to 300kbps .....i am not sure.....why not go check it from any reliance webworld first and then get the connection.

and for ur bsnl connection ...i suggest u try pestering the guys in 1500 callcentre they may give u ur area's general managers number...[they gave it to me] coz i got my connection within an hour after i called the area manager....that to without any bribe...in jayanagar
so just try this also

dd_wingrider

In the zone
i have reliance wimax 300kbps unlimited connection, and speeds are good, in torrents i get continuous 30 - 35KBps download speeds, browsing sites is smooth.
There are no hidden charges and there is no restriction over any site.

But it takes anound 10 days to get installed

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
dd_wingrider said:
i have reliance wimax 300kbps unlimited connection, and speeds are good, in torrents i get continuous 30 - 35KBps download speeds, browsing sites is smooth.
There are no hidden charges and there is no restriction over any site.

But it takes anound 10 days to get installed

Hmm thats cool.. is there any agreement that you have to keep for so many days or so so that if i want i can disconnect any time
! Also can i shift to other places? and one thing more..they put something on the room.. now i stay in ranted flat so there is chance of theft.. any suggestion regarding that would be good!

one thing more.. is it direct from satellite if thats true than they will be able to give connection anywhere na?

~Phenom~ said:
^^is it a wireless connection ????
ya it is.. it give connection through satellite.. as they said!

Last edited:

dd_wingrider

In the zone
the.kaushik said:
Hmm thats cool.. is there any agreement that you have to keep for so many days or so so that if i want i can disconnect any time

there is no agreement as such, u can disconnect it whenever u want!!

the.kaushik said:
and one thing more..they put something on the room.. now i stay in ranted flat so there is chance of theft.. any suggestion regarding that would be good!
one thing more.. is it direct from satellite if thats true than they will be able to give connection anywhere na?

they actually install a reciever on your roof top, from which a wire will be connected to your system, n yes they will be able to give connection anywhere

thinker

Think Well Before You Do
the relaince BB u r talking abt is the same i have
i too have the same connectin
and believe me its awesome
no problem of 'bad server' or 'connection error'
go for it:)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
hailgautam said:
I just checked with Reliance. Wimax is available only in B'Lore, Mumbai and Pune.
Are you sure? It's available in Chennai as well. Or that's what the Reliance sales man said.

hailgautam

Youngling
drgrudge said:
Are you sure? It's available in Chennai as well. Or that's what the Reliance sales man said.

That's what I was told in Hyderabad....It might be on the rollout and that is why the sales man is trying to sell while the call center said not available.

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
i have the same connection ......its been 2 months now.....this thing rocks......

i get a good minimum speed of 300kbps and many a times more than this (around 400 - 1000 kbps this is what i have experienced )........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom