Should I Go 4 Win Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnephSi

GONNA GET ALL OF YOU
Many previous versions of softwares r incompatible in vista.? wht r the software or programs which r in compatible with it

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
there are no compatibility issues all softwares can be run using the compatibility mode and also most softwares have vista compatible versions released

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
But some DOS programms might won't run...Even using comaptibility mode (I tried that.)
But who care about them these days... Just Install Vista...Feel it.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
You might need to buy newer versions of software though. For instance, Nero 6 won't run perfectly well on Vista and you'll need to purchase Nero 7 for using a 'Nero' on your system.

Quiz_Master said:
But some DOS programms might won't run...Even using comaptibility mode (I tried that.)
But who care about them these days... Just Install Vista...Feel it.
Use a DOS emulator for them. Ex: DosBOX

Last edited:

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
just install vista in fact u have compatibillty mode to open stuff that are not made for vista. but it's ur choice to choose the version!:D :D

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
If you want to play games forget about vista. No EAX in vista. Few games have compatibility problems. My nvidia driver keeps crashing. You can play css and hl2 though. doom3 supports 5.1 using openAL but there is huge framerate drop. Even some games like stalker and gothic 3 has problems in vista. I didn't have problems with applications but i used very few applications on it.

goobimama

 Macboy
Yep. Horrible soundcard drivers, at least when it comes to Creative. Nvidia also has some problems and gives me a garbled screen now and then...

But then again, Vista is a better than XP, which makes the little nuances bearable.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Go Vista !!!

sw : *www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Windows_Vista_Software_Compatibility_List

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I dont think all programmes can be run in compatability mode.
Like Nero 6 wouldnt even install on vista.
Few Antivirus wouldnt.
And someone i cannot get serious sam 2 go work with vista..

But like all say.. Vista is the best that there is !
Go for it..it worth upgrading to the softwares if there are compatibility issues.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
goobimama said:
Cause some (lusers, musers) might disagree with what you said, it would be safer to say that it is the best Windows there is :)
Ohh how i itch to join you guys.But herein lines the rub. This fella is not for war of the OS's.
Must be the reason why i am king of my Castle.
Peace..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom